Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I am installing a new brake light switch on the TR3. Believe this is a pipe thread (1/8-27 NPF). Does this need a sealant on the threaded connector and if so what can be used? Will teflon tape work? Cheers, Mike
Mike the teflon tape will work, if that is what you are used to. I prefer pipe dope to the tape, but thats because I have been using pipe dope since I was a kid. Just can't get used to that new fangled stuff, heh.
I'm more used to telfon tape. Will white be OK (stuff I have around the house for plumbing fittings) or is yellow or some other colour better for this application? Cheers, Mike
Edit: Just found this link ... looks like white will be fine. I thought the yellow was different stuff, but seems to just be thicker:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.