• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

Brake hydraulics

Rut

Obi Wan
Offline
I'm working on the brake hydraulics and have disc brakes on the front, later drum brakes on the rear, 3/4" bore master cylinders, sleeved, and the original Bugeye as well as a '73 3 and 4 way union with switches. I think I understand the shuttle in the 4 way union, but is it worth it to upgrade? Everyone talks about the shuttle like it was the Devil himself, but the added security of a dual system is appealing. Thoughts?
Thanks, Rut
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 111
Bueller, Bueller...
 
If its something you worry about....and, I think, we all do....you will keep a close eye on the fluid level and make sure the system is up to snuff.

I'd just stick with stock.

Kurt.
 
Stock X 2... As soon as you move to far out of the norm you get into the racing club stuff... and mostly racing means racing... Money generally flows a bit more freely over there in my mind too
 
Back
Top