Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I was told by a few resellers, (Moss included) that Castrol Synthetic Dot 4 in the black bottle is the same as LMA, they just changed the packaging. That's what I'm using and have had no issues.
I was told by a few resellers, (Moss included) that Castrol Synthetic Dot 4 in the black bottle is the same as LMA, they just changed the packaging. That's what I'm using and have had no issues.
Moss Tech Services gets calls every week from people who have questions about brake fluid. Some are concerned because the old familiar brands have changed. Castrol LMA now says “Synthetic” on the bottle. The Lockheed “Premium” fluid has been replaced by “Super DOT 4.”
I checked the Castrol website which seemed to back it up. I haven't seen any changes in my brake performance so I haven't worried too much about LMA missing from the packaging.
Thanks for the input. I could not see any reference on the Castrol website to the DOT 4 being a replacement for the LMA
However, I have 4 new pint containers of the Castrol DOT 4 fluid. Looks like a job for tomorrow
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.