Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I haven't been under the car yet, but I can tell you there are significant modifications to the frame rails where the engine and transmission mate up. The heater plenum/battery tray has also been excised. It fits well under the bonnet, and I suspect that's why the frame rail mods (to get it low enough). I can also tell you that the shifter is a least 6 inches further back than original. My guess is that the Miata driveshaft yoke/U-joint is spliced to the stock driveshaft, but unless has been cut underneath, I probably won't be able to get a look at that.
I doubt this is a viable swap in lieu of the Datsun as I can assure you the kit would run at least double what the Datsun kit sells for now. I think there are too few would would be willing to spend the money, so there's little incentive to develop one.
I'm waiting for a few more parts to come in and next week will be a marathon session making upgrades/repairs.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.