Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I ripped a hole about 2 inch's long in my old top. Top is pretty much shot on this car but I'd like to get a few more mile's out of it. Suggestion's???
When we bought our TR6 it had a pair of 3-cornered tears in the top. I asked a professional upholster what he would recommend to use. He told me that he liked a product called "VIP". These photos show the resulting repair.
We have traveled about 50,000 miles since and after 9 years it still looks like it was just done.
To make the repair I cut a small patch and applied the VIP to the mating surfaces and waited til it was tacky. Then pressed the patch between a couple blocks of wood for a few minutes (directions on the tube). Then a small amount on the outside to level the edges and it was done.
For some reason I was not able to upload a couple photos of the patch but I did post them on the other forum where you also asked this question.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.