• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Best Top Down Tune

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Baby Blue got quite the workout today with a trip to Frederick in the morning to visit some friends, followed by the run up to Westminster for my daughter's speech therapy session. Nice day -- temps in the mid 60s and the motor was running great. As we got close to Westminster, "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin came on. What a great tune to complement the exhaust snarl of the 1275 running up through the gears. "Kashmir" is not my favorite Zeppelin tune, but in the Sprite, it just seemed to complement the whole LBC vibe. So what's your favorite song that works best with your Spridget?

nomad

Yoda
Nice tune but I'm kinda a Canned Heat "On the road again, Going up the country " kinda guy. Throw in "Cripple Creek' by "The Band" and when i think about it there's a bunch....Willy Nelson to the Beatles!

Kurt

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Still Earth Wind and Fire followed maybe by the Clash - Rock the Casbah!

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tough call, I'd have to say The Talking Heads....that with the car is just a happy combo.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Buffet Zac Brown
'get away to where the boat leaves from' then follow up with the fruitcakes album

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
None of my LBCs have ever had radios, but I actually think Kashmir is a pretty good track for a drive. There's an epic quality to that tune that fits -- though more for the "helicopter shot of a car crossing the desert at high speed" type of driving.

Now I'm off to listen to some Zeppelin...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have to say - generally - I only want to hear music from the era of the car itself.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
"Jessica", by the Allman Brothers.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
One more, just for fun: Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild".

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
As a side note, when my wife was in high school she dated one of the drummers for the Almond Joys before they changed their name. She has a lot of stories about double dating with Dwayne and Greg...
Rut

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
As a side note, when my wife was in high school she dated one of the drummers for the Almond Joys before they changed their name. She has a lot of stories about double dating with Dwayne and Greg...
Rut

Cool! Guess that was before Cher entered the scene... :friendly_wink:

nomad

Yoda
Ah, Rut, that is a great driving tune!! I seldom am able to listen to any other tune than the "raucous staccato" of that finely tuned I 4! Too much road noise at speed and too few slow driving twisty roads in my locale.

Kurt

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
A friend and I used to go to Tijuana when we were under age to get a beer and we wouldo listen to "BORN TO LOSE". I think it was fitting.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
To be perfectly honest I play my tunes when I'm working on the car and rarely when I'm driving. When you're in the shop or garage, good music really goes a long way in 'soothing the savage breast' when having a frustrating day!
Rut

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I have fond memories of listening to Dire Straits Sultans of Swing on the BMC AM radio in my Sprite when I was in high school.

There was a great drive through the Wisconsin Dells on the way to Road America years ago and the Black Crowes "Twice as Hard" came on for an almost sublime experience.

More recently I made a "mix tape" for the cassette player in my TR250 of great sixties stuff, mostly British invasion, early Kinks and Hollies and such.

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Some years ago, I used to head out to the coast after work - about 10.5 to 11 hours from Calgary to the Tsawwassen Ferry terminal; doze off in the parking lot waiting for the first ferry then hook up with my old climbing partner and head up Island to a lake where we were trying to work out a viable way of salvaging sunken logs. There was a section over Rogers Pass that had no radio reception (at least, for our vehicle) and there were some songs that seemed perfect for driving through the night: Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road" for sure; Gracie Slick and The Jefferson Airplane on "White Rabbit"; et al. Doug

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
To be perfectly honest I play my tunes when I'm working on the car and rarely when I'm driving. When you're in the shop or garage, good music really goes a long way in 'soothing the savage breast' when having a frustrating day!
Rut

More often this is my scenario - My car radio has lousy speakers so I can only hear it at lower speeds. My garage, on the other hand I keep on the local jazz station - most of the time it just plays quietly - quiet music keeps me working at a slower and more thoughtful pace - AND Sunday nights they play Big Band - I particularly enjoy this as I feel like I am literally doing what generations before me have done - listening to Big Band music while puttering on an old car.