• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Beautiful day for ride

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Temp in the 70s, clear blue, cloudless sky - and except for a bit of smoke on startup and a suddenly jumpy speedometer cable, it was time for a ride for brunch in the country (or at least what passes for country around here). Top down, wife and I set off for a breakfast place in Scotts Corners just over the NY line where we ate outdoors under an umbrella in the bright sunshine. On the way home, we stopped off at a high-end golf course to check out some cars in the lot including a Maserati Spider, Panamera, 2 Boxsters, a new Jag sports car and a pristine white Alfa Giulia 1600 convertible, a clone of the Giulietta my late friend Jim Silberman had when he was winning races at Lime Rock back in the '50s. Sometimes we forget why we bought these cars in the first place, but a ride in the country on a perfect day with the engine never sounding better and even my wife enjoying the experience - it doesn't get any better than this. Suddenly my 80th birthday in 3 months didn't seem so terrible if I can keep enjoying days like this (even though I'm recovering from a summer cold). To paraphrase Rick Steeves "Keep on Driving".

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
"Keep your pecker up"

The English pecker not the American slang is where the phrase originated. Take yer pick.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Weather was beautiful here in Virginia yesterday afternoon as well so we took a nice top-down drive (unfortunately not in a Triumph) on some of the country back roads around here with no particular destination other than to enjoy the weather, see the sites and wonder where the road would take us.

Scott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
my brother lives in Charlottesville. I'm familiar with the area. The mountains are closer and higher.

Yes, right next door to us. :smile: Actually I drive over them from Staunton to Charlottesville every week day (work in C'ville).

Does your brother have any British cars?

Scott

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
He had an MGA in college many years ago. Now has a Mercedes 450 SL that he seldom drives. Just bought a rare model Isuzu Trooper.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
By coincidence, I just got an email from him. He's putting the Mercedes up for sale at $8,500.00. The ad will be running on ebay and craigslist. Needs the money to do some work on his house.