• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BE Treasure Trove in SLO

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
$17k From BaT:

00U0U_gjXgI40tT4Y_600x4501.jpg

Here's the link: https://bringatrailer.com/2016/01/0...stin-healey-sprite-projects-huge-parts-cache/

"If there were but world enough and time."

nomad

Yoda
Nice find,Rick, I check BAT regularly...must have just came up. Curious, in your photos, I see a T10 BW in a big Healey.

Kurt.

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
The first thing that jumps out to me is the black Bugeye with the re-welded wheels. My Old-Man did that too in the late 60's. Take the riveted wheels, grind the rivets out, flip and re-weld to get a wider stance. That's "old-school"!

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The first thing that jumps out to me is the black Bugeye with the re-welded wheels. My Old-Man did that too in the late 60's. Take the riveted wheels, grind the rivets out, flip and re-weld to get a wider stance. That's "old-school"!

I noticed that too. Could also be a 6" Corvair rim with a Bugeye center. I had a couple of those at one time.

nomad

Yoda
Interesting, I love the look of the BE wheels but sure wish they were an inch wider. I was thinking about welding up a set to make them that way.

Kurt.

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I noticed that too. Could also be a 6" Corvair rim with a Bugeye center. I had a couple of those at one time.

Here is a pic from 1974 just before the run to Maine. And Back to LA. My brother had these wheels made up in LA. They are Sprite centers and Corvair outers. In fact I think the rims are residing in Ronnie's shop in Little Rock.

Happy New Year

Attachments

• Downey740035.jpg
    Downey740035.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 115

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've been thinking about having Stockton Wheel widen some stock wheels, love the look. Just have to find a donor set of wheels. Nice find, saw that ad yesterday.

nomad

Yoda
It's a T5Z 5 speed, connected to the Ford small block under the bonnet of my BJ7:

Ah, so the pictures of the Healey with its stock 6 were just there to fake us out!:wink-new:
Kurt.

nomad

Yoda
Well, I can see its a swap that is not for the average garage monkey. Nicely done and looks as if your 6 was going to need some major work at the least.

Kurt