• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF gathering this summer?

XJRpilot

Jedi Hopeful
i'm in the northern tier of pennsylvania. within driving distance to the tri state area (ny,nj,conn). i was at britfest last year in new jersey, ( where i met aeronca65t), and will go again this year. its always fun meeting others who share the same passion as yourself. it would be great to meet others on the forum, so we can put faces with names. kim, are you attending britfest this year?
basil lets make this happen. it will take careful
planning and logistics. and a commitment from members. i would like to meet sir barnhill, the mg king! also some of our canadian neighbors.

G

then you need to come to Kim's garage rasin' currently scheduled for early Oct of 2004. Tony, Gary, Mowog and I will be there

XJRpilot

Jedi Hopeful
no doubt. i'd love to. that would be great. maybe
aeronca65t could show up as well. he's about an
hour away from "the gap". since its a garage "rasin" anybody bringing the amish?
i got a few around here. they could put up a barn or garage in one day. they dont drive mg's though.

G

maybe we can hook them up with the horse drawn version. I got one of those in the drive

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
If we can hit 3000 members by this summer, I have been thinking about the possibility of holding a simultaneuos "British Car Forum" gathering across the country (and maybe oversees as well). The idea would be that we would have several "meeting points" in various regions across the country (or in other countries as well) and on a certain date and time, members would meet up at which ever location was closest to them, then we would go on a nice cruise.

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Originally posted by Basil:
[QB]All:

If we can hit 3000 members by this summer, I have been thinking about the possibility of holding a simultaneuos "British Car Forum" gathering across the country (and maybe oversees as well). The idea would be that we would have several "meeting points" in various regions across the country (or in other countries as well) and on a certain date and time, members would meet up at which ever location was closest to them, then we would go on a nice cruise.

Basil--

A great idea and why not have it coincide with "British Car Week" which is coming up?
We're having the Second Annual British Car rallye/picnic at our place in Southern Maryland on Sunday, June 1st and I'll volunteer the event as a "designated place" for whoever wants to show up.

Anyone interested can get full information at: https://www.chesapeake.net/~oritt/

Be there--Michael Oritt
for c

fordhealey

Jedi Hopeful
some of the guys on the modified healey website
would probibly be interested also. i'll keep checking and post something on the site when
things get a little firmer.
gregg

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
For Easterners, a good meeting site might be the Moss Motors Fallfest on Sept 13 in Dover, NJ (at the Moss East store)
The Moss Britfest last weekend attracted quite a few Brit enthusiasts (as always). In fact, after looking through "andyp"s excellent photos of the event, it occured to me that 4 people from here were at the event (although I only met Kim and hubby Chas.). Pictures of the event by "andyp" are here:
https://www.njhealey.com/BritFest2003/

[ 05-08-2003: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
New Jersey in September? Top down? How 'bout somewhere in the Midwest & invite Moss?

lol...count me in for the New England Area...
and tony...september up here aint that bad..ridden motorcycle till well in to november some years

Mark

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, I've never been there in September...maybe I need to visit!