• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Basement water

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
For the first time in 40 years, we had water in the basement - about an inch. A rug got ruined and some cardboard boxes. We had a tiled finished basement. Why? I'll tell you why. God^%$#$ Groundhogs, woodchucks, whistle pigs - that's why. We have a whole family, plus a couple of rabbits, squirrels and a thousand chipmunks. Found a 10" wide hole just past my downspout and it had poured. I called my landscaper and he filled in the hole (don't worry - there's another hole for them around the corner) and put in a piece of plastic piping to carry the water away from the foundation. So far, so dry. Oh yes. We caught a mouse a couple of nights ago. He had chewed up the plastic handle of a grater. You want rodents? We got 'em. There are now bobcats, foxes and coyotes around and now - black bears. Right here in Suburbia, knocking down bird feeders and smashing beehives.

Country flag
I feel for you, while not as bad I am constantly filling in chipmunk holes. Wish they'd get tired of redigging them round the corner, right next to and basically all over.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
drive the pests away - to your neighbor's house?

Put pieces of ammonia-soaked cloth down into those holes.

We've had 1/4 inch rain in three months. Eastern Connecticut is driest it's been in 128 years. Please send rain.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
we used used kitty litter to get rid of a skunk under our shed + talk radio playing 24 hours a day.

But the squirrels..... diabolical bastages around here.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Steel wool stuffed into any small openings. Mice, rats 'n squirrels only try chewing that once.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Talk radio playing 24 hours a day will get rid of most things.
Not going to lie, one of the very few things skubks and me have in common. :ROFLMAO:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag