• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Barn Swallows & Family

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Our yearly Swallows are back, this time she laid 5 eggs and they all hatched! The babies are getting bigger every day and should be on the wing very soon. They make a mess building the nest out of mud grass and straw. I tried to get a good pic without disturbing them but pretty tough through a window at an angle and not much light. Cleanup comes when they all leave. They'll hang around for a while and not seen again until next year. I have to power wash the floor! :rolleyes2:
The pic is very poor, but you get the idea. :grouphug:
Swallow Chicks.jpg

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I think I mentioned that after the five babies began flying, a couple of weeks later another laid 4 eggs in the same nest. The parents are on the wing feeding them. Today I found out they are not afraid of the mower, as I was out front mowing grass and they were buzzing me all the time getting bugs I stirred up. I wish I had just 10% of their energy! (y) :thumbsup2:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
They are peerless flyers and eat thousands of mosquitos and other flying pests. You want them around. They nest at our local golf course every year.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
They are peerless flyers and eat thousands of mosquitos and other flying pests. You want them around. They nest at our local golf course every year.
I never gave it a thought until you mentioned it, but we very rarely ever see a mosquito! (y)