2wrench
Luke Skywalker
Offline
Check out these marks on my cam gear. Looks confusing
to me.
The same photo, no arrows:
Can't figure how these line up. My son reached up with a
punch and put one mark on this gear before I could stop him
in the disassembly process.
Next question: Must the timing gear on the crank be
tapped on with a hammer or somewhow pressed on?
Also, my photo album shows only one spacer on the crank
behind the gears. Do you think I should go with just
that one spacer in the rebuild to align the crank gear
to the cam gear?
to me.
The same photo, no arrows:
Can't figure how these line up. My son reached up with a
punch and put one mark on this gear before I could stop him
in the disassembly process.
Next question: Must the timing gear on the crank be
tapped on with a hammer or somewhow pressed on?
Also, my photo album shows only one spacer on the crank
behind the gears. Do you think I should go with just
that one spacer in the rebuild to align the crank gear
to the cam gear?
Hey Guest!

Don't rely on marks or what shims it had before; check it again and set it right. I'd use a piston stop instead of a dial indicator, but that's just me. Either one will do fine; the indicator just takes more care to get right.