• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Baby it's Cold Outside

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My ol' tomcat George would do the same thing. Sun comes up - and up comes George. Galump - and he was on my chest, staring right at me.

Seemed to have a correlation with breakfast time.

His Majesty George I -

View attachment 56693

Twenty pounds of tomcat. Protective of his domains, and never once allowed any elephants into the back yard.

Several years back we had a Yellow tabby but one night he ran off and we never saw him again.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
One of our departed (and cherished for the better part of twenty years) would stand on the floor, one forepaw on the edge of the bed and gently TAP my nose with the other to let me know it was breakfast time. Six thirty on the nose every morning.

Same girl-cat, black "tux" and white paws, was sitting on our coffee table when a neighbor woman came in to visit for the first time. About five or so minutes pass, I'm in the kitchen getting her a cup of coffee when I hear a loud panic-scream from the living room! Our dear Li'l Kitty had been mistaken for one of those porcelain cat figurines and when the cat turner her head and looked at the neighbor, she freaked out! Li'l Kitty just sat there looking at the woman, unfazed. Mayhaps even a bit smug. :smirk:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Doc - that is hysterical. Reminded me of:

ET toys.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The cat in my avatar, Merlyn, would perch atop a 6' tall bookcase in the living room, put one paw over the edge and rest his chin on it to watch the TV across the room. He particularly liked to watch "Animal Planet" like that. But just about anything with critters piqued his interest. Most of the other felines we've had would show only slight interest in the tellie on occasion, he actually watched it.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
One of our departed (and cherished for the better part of twenty years) would stand on the floor, one forepaw on the edge of the bed and gently TAP my nose with the other to let me know it was breakfast time. Six thirty on the nose every morning.....
:encouragement:

Speaking of furry alarm clocks,

Way back in school, long before I had a herd of my own, I had gone over to a dorm buddy's family's home on a weekend. Stayed too late to drive back and crashed on the couch.

They had a great big long haired tabby named Caesar.

About six o'clock the next morning I felt a heavy weight on my chest and hot breath in my face. I was in no mood to wake up so I figured that if I stayed really still and kept my eyes closed he'd get bored and wander off. I figured wrong.

He reached his out a paw and extended one single, solitary claw, very gently hooked my lower lip, and pulled it down as if to say "hey, anybody in there?"

Being very careful not to make any sudden movements, I started the pet fest and he gently released my lip.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Had another, early '80's, found as a very young kitten. Hiding under a workbench at the shop, having eluded the dog. Took her home at lunch time, scrubbed her up and called her Glitch. At about seven months, she was sitting on the inside of an open window in the living room when a squirrel ran past. She bolted after it, knocking out the screen, chasing the squirrel up a tree in the front yard. She was on a limb about ten feet up and realized she was stuck. Pathetic meowing! I put the screen back in place to restrain another cat inside, got a stepladder and when I dislodged her from the limb she jumped to my shoulder, down the ladder and headed full-tilt straight for the window. she bounced off the screen and slunk along the side of the house into the open garage door. After that experience she REFUSED to go outside. You could leave a door wide open in front of her and she'd just look at it and turn away. No interest in leaving the house at all. She made close to twenty-two years.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Our cat Sunny, a tabby tiger, wandered away only once. He was found up a tree a day later about 3 blocks away. Someone stood on the roof of a car and coaxed him down. He never ran away again in the 16 years we had him. He would accompany us on walks in the neighborhood, running ahead of us, hiding behind a bush and jumping out at us. I used to play hide and seek in the house with him. He found me every time.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Our cat Sunny, a tabby tiger, wandered away only once. He was found up a tree a day later about 3 blocks away. Someone stood on the roof of a car and coaxed him down. He never ran away again in the 16 years we had him. He would accompany us on walks in the neighborhood, running ahead of us, hiding behind a bush and jumping out at us. I used to play hide and seek in the house with him. He found me every time.

I wish our Yellow Tabby that ran off one night would have come back, but alas we never saw him again.