• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Babes & Bugeyes

nomad

Yoda
I ran into a few nekkid pictures when I looked her up, but it's her fer sure!
Rut

I'm still not convinced, Rut, but if you're right I kinda doubt she had anything to do with British car guys unless they were driving an Aston Martin. I'm thinking she would have went for the Lambo, Ferrari guys!:rolleye:

Kurt.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I thought it was Adrienne Barbeau as well. Remember seeing her as a guest on game shows, or maybe it was The Gong Show. She's a tall drink of water. I think she's even taller than Linda Carter, who I have seen in person a number of times as she was a guest at several events I performed at.

SpeedwellColby

Freshman Member
Country flag
Yvette Colby is her name. She did, and still does have standards. I married her. I took ONE picture of her as she was putting the bikini top back on (and it was a great picture, too!), she was not happy. I am proud of myself to say that upon getting the slides back from the camera shop and knowing how she felt, I took one, good, really long look at that picture, then tore it out of the slideboard, and cut it into tiny pieces. One of my more noble moments, I am proud to say. She also is a natural when it comes to driving as well, she drove her Bugeye daily for years to and from work. I entered her in the Jim Hall Karting School back in 1988 when The Austin Healey Club had a deal going on. She finished 4th overall, men & women. Really a great lady. Here's a pic of us with our daughter Bridget back in 1996, prior to my winning the Sprite/Mini Challenge at Willow Springs. ColbyBridgetYvette1996.jpg

nomad

Yoda
Hey, ALRIGHT!!! So she DID end up with a British car guy!!

Kurt.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Wow. Well, now that you've found BCF, please stick around for a while! Looks like you have some really good LBC stories to tell.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
When I first saw that photo years ago, the attribution (I think it was by WST??) was that it was Tom Colby's wife. I didn't know if it was internet faction or fact. Thanks for confirming, Tom.

Yvette Colby is her name. She did, and still does have standards. I married her. I took ONE picture of her as she was putting the bikini top back on (and it was a great picture, too!), she was not happy. I am proud of myself to say that upon getting the slides back from the camera shop and knowing how she felt, I took one, good, really long look at that picture, then tore it out of the slideboard, and cut it into tiny pieces. One of my more noble moments, I am proud to say. She also is a natural when it comes to driving as well, she drove her Bugeye daily for years to and from work. I entered her in the Jim Hall Karting School back in 1988 when The Austin Healey Club had a deal going on. She finished 4th overall, men & women. Really a great lady. Here's a pic of us with our daughter Bridget back in 1996, prior to my winning the Sprite/Mini Challenge at Willow Springs.View attachment 47077

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That is historic PBL 75. It still exists and was present for the 50th Anniversary of the Sprite at the Heritage Museum in 2008. I believe the car is on permanent display in the collection at the Heritage Museum. It was used as an advertising model and photographed as both Right and left hand drive, possibly by just reversing the photo. There was a writeup of it's history I read back at the time of the 50th. I don't recall details I have read about it how it was done, but it is a RHD model.

Here's a Youtube video of a photoshoot for the 50th event, and a period Pathé video of a test drive in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68OER5jQ2zM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHre536AHrk

Here's a photo of it at Goodwood 50th in May of 2008

Goodwood50-013L PBL75.jpg

https://www.sebringsprite.com/goodwood50.html

This may have been a BMC advertisement. But, lefthand drive??View attachment 46853

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Mr. Colby: you're a better man than I (regards destroying the slide). But anyone who has managed to find a partner is dang fortunate.
Personally, I'm hoping to (a) find a rollbar, and (b) persuade my wife.... More seriously, I would like to get a roll bar for each of the BEs to provide some protection from side impacts. And just as seriously: I'd still like to see my +60 wife posing with the rollbar, as beauty is most definitely in the eye of the beholder. And I figure she looks pretty dang good. Doug

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

matmire

Here's a babe in my Bugeye... (not my babe. My babe is a brunette)

A little backstory... I had just finished some brake work on the BE and decided to do a test drive around my neighborhood. Suddenly, a group of people flagged me down asking if they could use my car in their model photo shoot. Of course, I said "yes!" Not a lot of Bugeye in the pics, but I like them none-the-less. P.S.
The model's name is Ali Collier

1.jpg4.jpg