• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Austin Healey 100 Restoration

Stonebridge

Freshman Member
My father many years ago purchased an 54 Austin Healey 100. He has since passed away and left me the car. Its been in our family 48 years. Its been sitting in a garage for 25 plus years. I drove it a little when I was a teen back in the 1980's. The car has low miles. Its all there but needs full restoration. I would like to do it myself but am not capable to do it right now. I wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to a reputable restoration facility that can do the job. I reside in New England near the coast. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OP
S

Stonebridge

Freshman Member
Crowbar, thanks for input. I will check them out. My car is 98% original and not in all that bad of shape. The problem is it sat too long and it is 63 years old. I would not trust the wiring probably start a fire. I know it leaks oil here and there I wouldn't believe many of the seals are any good. I'm sure it needs more than that. Thanks again

Jim_Stevens

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Run up to Portland and ask Wayne... just don't offer to sell it!

OP
S

Stonebridge

Freshman Member
Jim, I've been out of the auto seen for a long time now. I have not been to many shows in the past years. To many priorities and never enough time. I work a lot of hours and every third week I'm on after hours call out. I still keep in contact with the members of a club I once belonged to. The Shoreline Antique Auto Club which is no longer in existence. Sadly quite a lot of members have passed away. Wayne in Portland is he off of Rt 66? He usually has quite a collection of exotics out front of his shop if that's who you mean. I probably should but I have a feeling he is out of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion.