• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Aston-Martin WIns Sebring!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Aston-Martin wins GT-1 class at Sebring 12 Hours. Third overall in a brand new car, beaten only by a pair of Audi R8 prototypes.
Beats the bow-tie team for the GT-1 win.
First big endurance win for AM in a dog's age.

DB9R Sebring GT-1 winner
SebringTest1.jpg

Info:

https://www.astonmartinracing.com/news4_19_03_05.htm

curtis

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
What a marvellous result! A great boost for the team to start the season. I shall be at Le Mans to cheer them on.
It gave me a return of the withdrawal symptoms as I sold my last Aston a few years ago.(race prepared DB2/4 MK 1).
Happy days!!
Curtis

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
Thats great. Who is building the Astons? I came very close to buying a 6 cylinder DBS Vantage back in the 80's. I was negotiating a price, and another buyer scooped it up from under my. What I get for trying to save $1500 on it.

Bottom feeder of Astons maybe, but a real panel beaten alloy bodied Aston none the less.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Sure Aston is American-owned, and Bentley is German, but I think we're seeing a real return to glory for the British marques in racing. I love seeing the great historic marques clean-up at LeMans, Sebring etc...

Kind of an embarrassment for Corvette, though, don't you think?

piman

Darth Vader
Hello Super7,
yes you are quite right, bottom feeder or not, a true Aston.
Particularly with that great 4 liter vantage engine.
I have been an Aston enthusiast since the fifties but I don't recognise the new company. Of course they would not have survived as they were without Ford's money but today they are just competeing with the other high end mass producing competitors, rather than being an anachronistic producer of hand built, very high quality motor cars.

Alec

curtis

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The Vanquish is still being hand built at Newport Pagnell.
I have owned Astons for 25 years and had enormous fun.First a DB5 and as the virus got worse I added a DB2/4 MK1 and a DB2/4 MK111. Both the 2/4 s were raced and hillclimbed.It was a quarter of a century of great enjoyment.Historic rallies have now taken over to ensure I never have any spare cash!!
Curtis
PS; The DBS was often put down as not being very desirable and the values dropped. A lot were scrapped as too expensive to restore which had the effect of the remaining ones having scarcity value and the prices rose.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif