• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Aston Martin DB9 Sighting!

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Driving my daughter to school this morning I drove up next to a new DB9 coupe. A 50-something guy was driving.

What a pretty car. I think it's actually one of the few cars that actually looks better from the back than from the front. Very aggressive from the back.

G

Thats cool, what a nice car it is.

Driving home from work the other day in rush hour traffic a guy passed me in an ice blue Ferrari 430 Modena. What a sound when he downshifted for the light!

Bret

Yoda
I saw one yesterday myself (see cool sightings in the Pub) and couldn't agree more about the DB9. Aston Martins' lines have always said thoroughbred to me.

OP
S

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Then this morning I saw a Dino 246GTS

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dinos have always been one of my favorite Ferraris of all time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

In fact I’ve seen a few really nice replicas for sale in the last few months down here in San Diego.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
There is a guy in the neighborhood next to mine (we're the po' folk) who has a DB9 as his daily driver. It has a presence that is hard to beat. It isn't uncommon to have a 360 right behind him as everyone leaves for work in the AM and the Ferrari looks insubstantial compared to the DB9.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I always thought that the Jag & Aston were the same car,
only with a different front & back end.
When you see them together,the Aston is much more impressive.

- Doug

Throw in the Maserati and you got a very close 3 way tie for styling cues.

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dinos have always been one of my favorite Ferraris of all time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

In fact I’ve seen a few really nice replicas for sale in the last few months down here in San Diego.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few streets down from where I work, in a really rich area, is a Dino thats been sitting on the end of some guys driveway for about a year or so....Was in the garage for a while and now it's been outside.....beautiful condition! Doesn't look like it's got very many miles on it....I inquired a few times and finally reached the owner who said he was interested in selling and was open to offers.....I got back to him with a rather low offer(relative to the actual value, but not without of reason)...He said he'd think about it and get back to me....Few days later he called me back and said "Cars not for sale"....I asked him to name a price and he blurted $200,000.....At this point I knew this was going nowhere so I offer him half of that and he promptly hung up....Cars still sitting there, I am waiting for someone with a towtruck to decide to 'repo' it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cowboy.gif