I looked at one in the neighborhood a couple weeks ago that was slightly better (no hardtop), that I could have had for $500. I still passed on it. Unfortunately, it had been sitting since 1970 (only two years less that the number of years I've owned Bugeyes) and while I expected it to look much better than it did, it would have been an enormous project. There was rust showing though the beading and the rear edge of the bonnet was as rusty as what you'd see in the floors, even though it'd been garage stored all these years. It was sitting on 4 flat tires and I could get close enough to it to inspect anything below eye level. It had a bad gearbox (why it was parked in the first place) and I'm sure the engine was seized up (couldn't open the bonnet all the way) When I was told it was garage stored since 1970, I figured it would be pretty decent, so I was pretty disappointed at what I saw.