• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any reason not to mount this here?

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I'm trying not to make the modern upgrades obvious to the casual LBC guy and hope it's ok to mount the Crane XR700 inside the passenger footwell.
Rut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 132

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Rut

I mounted mine on the cockpit side of firewall under the dash on the passenger side. Out of sight. I then wrapped the wires in a black hockey shoe lace with blue tracer.

DSC03527.sized.jpg

DSC03530.sized.jpg

DSC03532.sized.jpg

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Ray,
Excellent! Where did you buy the wrap?
Thanks, Rut

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Dog, horses, sheep and cattle mount. Fit, or fitting is the correct term. Yes, out of heat and moisture is best.

Country flag
Check the manual and be sure it is OK to mount it upside down.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I mounted the box using heavy duty Velcro. Here's a photo of the cable coming through the firewall.

DSC03531.sized.jpg

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Dog, horses, sheep and cattle mount. Fit, or fitting is the correct term. Yes, out of heat and moisture is best.

Check out number 6.
Rut
[h=2]Full Definition of mount[/h]
  • [h=6]intransitive verb[/h]
  • 1: rise, ascend
  • 2: to increase in amount or extent <expenses began to mount>
  • 3: to get up on something above the level of the ground; especially : to seat oneself (as on a horse) for riding
  • [h=6]transitive verb[/h]
  • 1a : to go up : climbb (1) : to seat or place oneself on (2) : to climb on top of for copulation
  • 2a : to lift up : raiseb (1) : to put or have (as artillery) in position (2) : to have as equipmentc (1) : to organize and equip (an attacking force) <mount an army> (2) : to launch and carry out (as an assault or a campaign)
  • 3: to set on something that elevates
  • 4a : to cause to get on a means of conveyanceb : to furnish with animals for riding
  • 5: to post or set up for defense or observation <mounted some guards>
  • 6a : to attach to a supportb : to arrange or assemble for use or display
  • 7a : to prepare (as a specimen) for examination or displayb : to prepare and supply with materials needed for performance or execution <mount an opera>

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sheesh - everyone is an english perfesser

irregardless of the semantics. the electronic ignition box on the 1500 is mounted on the drivers wheel cover - so, passenger side would not look completely out of place - though I do like the stealth location

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Ray,
I received my hockey shoe lace today and wrapped the wires after I mounted the box and although mines in a different position than yours it looks like it belongs there! These tidbits of information are priceless and hopefully they are archived somewhere that will stay around long after we're gone. Thanks for this tidbit and all the other things you've shared over the years!
Rut

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Mark,
They are just giant shoe laces and I cut the tip off, expanded the cut end, and ran a torch along the cut edge to seal it. They work great for just about any bundle of wires up to about 8-10 and once installed you pull it tight and it snugs up really nice. You really have to look hard to tell its different from the wiring harness!
Rut

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
So Rut we want to see Pics.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jim,
Not much to show, but I positioned the newly covered wires next to the wiring harness for effect.
Rut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 97

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Pretty Good Match Rut.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I've got the sinus crud so I'm doing inside work today...more shoe laces! This is a VB headlight relay kit that I bought on sale for $14.95, you know, the really ugly bright yellow one. I pulled the connectors and threaded the wires thru the shoe lace and I'm really glad I bought the long ones or I wouldn't have as much as I needed. The relay kit is mounted to 'new' Lucas headlight buckets that come complete with all the gaskets and hardware. This is a very simple job and is easy to hide with the new harness.
Rut

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 84