• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Another Blond Guy

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Who are you putting your money on Tony???
lol.gif

G

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by racing girl:
Who are you putting your money on Tony???
lol.gif
<hr></blockquote>

why you of course, Tony ain't stupid
devilgrin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
RG, I may look funny but my gramma didn't raise no fool! "Never, ever make a woman of the female persuasion angry with you," that's what she told me, yes it is!

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Tony - I was thinking that after 34 years of marriage you should know which side your bread's buttered on!

RG

PS. - Oh and don't be mean to my pal Henri, he hasn't gained 10lbs overnight.
angel.gif

[ 08-08-2003: Message edited by: racing girl ]</p>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
RG - I do, trust me, I do..&, she reminds me every day!

I changed the post..he's back to 225...its my short finger's fault - the one missing the last joint/fingernail!

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
PS. - Oh and don't be mean to my pal Henri, he hasn't gained 10lbs overnight

Acutally...lost 6.5lbs this past week...I'm on my way to around 205...I hope...attempting to get leaner (and meaner if you like)...I've been lifting weights now for around 10 years...some with a personal trainer...I'm not trying to look muscle-bound...just look lean and cut...the exhaustion of working out is very soothing...it's the endorphins...for those of you that have never tried lifting anything heavier than a bottle of beer...try it...it takes awhile...but you're never to old to start...and it really helps with your metabolism and energy level...I'm stronger and much more physically fit then when I was 35...and it great for women too...

The diet thing (which is what I'm on) is a life commitment...once you learn to eat healthy it's not that hard...plus like the tv ad says..."you can pay me now or pay me later"...I intend to be a very fit 80-90 or even 100 old gentleman...so I'm in "life" training at the moment...
smile.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Henri.....I'm gonna 'LIVE' till I die! That's what I want 'em to say in my eulogy, "He LIVED till he died!"

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Henri.....I'm gonna 'LIVE' till I die! That's what I want 'em to say in my eulogy, "He LIVED till he died!"

Yep...I saw people like that in the "Rest" home that my mother died in...living their final days in the hallways...was real exciting...
frown.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Henri (& I empathize - just lost mother-in-law who was in that condition)....they weren't "LIVING", they were 'living'...there's a difference...no matter what we do to try to improve or extend our lives, its all to naught...so, I'm gonna LIVE til I die!
Oh, gotta tell you, my mother-in-law "LIVED" for 91 of her 92 years!

[ 08-08-2003: Message edited by: tony barnhill ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tony...I do understand what you are saying...please live life to the fullest...however...

How about looking at it this way...your gas tank has 10 gallons of gas in it...driving 100 miles an hour will surely get you down the road...and very fast...but how much further would you get driving 40 miles per hour...

You only have one body...you can't get replacement parts for it...more than likely most of us take better care of our cars then we do of ourselves...so I'm just taking care of the only body I have...hoping by doing so...that I have a "complete" life...which I live to the fullest measure possible...while not drinking and eating stupidly and exercising to maintain my body...

Why wouldn't you consider your own body as an asset such as one of your LBC's...you certainly would not drive it with a missing spark plug...or an oil leak...or run it on methane...

You imply that because I'm taking care of myself that somehow that is not living...I'd reply to you that those people that do not take care of themselves are the ones that are not living...

I can still do many of the things that I did as a boy...I can still play all day when I want...run...jump...ride a bike...hit a softball a country mile...etc...and in very few years I'll be 60...the quality of my life has not diminished that much...how many people at my age can say the same...why is that? Because they are "living"...and I'm not?

No my friend...it's the quality of my life that I'm attempting to maintain...our differences maybe what we determine is that quality...

My younger brother died at 52 "living" life out of a bottle...and when I reproached him with regards to his lifestlye...his reply sounded very much like your reply to me...

[ 08-09-2003: Message edited by: Henri ]</p>

racing girl

Jedi Knight
iagree.gif
100% behind Henri on this one.

There are some things in life we just won't be able to change, but HOW we live our lives is entirely up to us and that is something we can control.

I have a hereditary medical condition that has the potential to kill if not kept in check, it killed my oldest brother 5 years ago 2 weeks after he turned 40, that's how we found out about it. I have a choice in how I live, we all do. It's my choice to exercise almost every day, to shop exclusively at an organic supermarket, to prepare from scratch all the food we eat at home, to have my medical needs taken care of by an holistic doctor, to practice yoga, reflexology and massage... the list goes on.

Does it mean that I don't LIVE my life to the fullest? NO

Does it mean I don't have any fun? NO

Does it mean I won't have a couple of drinks here and there, or go out to dinner, or have a bowl of ice cream? NO

Does it mean I'm no longer the party girl I once was?? HECK NO - ask Jeff!!!

Didn't mean to rant... maybe Henri and I need a Philosophy section???
crazy.gif

I suppose just think about yourself once in a while, it's not a selfish thing to do, scratch the surface of life a little deeper... you might be surprised at what you find!
smile.gif

RG

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Heart be still

Nnnooo Henri, I prefer you when your heart IS beating.... others on this forum? Well I can only speak for myself!
tongue.gif
Besides, isn't that the whole point of healthy living and exercise??

If you can really do back flips on a trampoline I'm seriously impressed! We need photographic evidence of this!! The odd thing is, I can't even touch my toes... NEVER have been able to, must have really odd leg muscles!
frown.gif

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Careful Chuck...RG and I have made peace...even if it is tenative at the moment...or until I open my big mouth and insert one or both of my feet...
rolleyes.gif

Plus...I've been on all of you MG guy's websites (including yours) and sneaked a peek at your photos...a few push-ups and crunches won't hurt the lot of you...and I don't mean pushing up another "brewskies" or crunching a on a piece of fried chicken...
lol.gif

G

Yeah Henri, I gotta agree, the year I spent with a cast on my leg didn't do much for my boyish figure, not that it was much before that, but I'm working on it, having given up both beer and fried chicken.
standard disclaimer: I ain't perfect, nobody is.
iagree.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Henri...haven't slowed down all day...we (me & a couple of high school seniors) opened the Garage-mahal up today - no center wall!...its now 48'x54' & closed in! We put 10 cars in it & still have room for 5 more plus my Norton!

Hey, we both agree - heck, I run with high school kids all day, every day...went to movie tonight & ended up standing around in the parking lot for an hour afterwards just chillin' with kids....that's what keeps me young! That & a wife who allows me to be young at heart!

[ 08-09-2003: Message edited by: tony barnhill ]</p>

OP
Henri

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Uh-oh, don't get Henri started on philosophy!!

Paradoxically so...my favorite subject...the art of nonsense...there are no right or wrong answers...however be prepared to defend yourself...and be able state your stance...

100% behind Henri on this one.

'Heart be still'...Brenda this could be a dangerous precedent...glad your on my side with this one though...
hammer.gif

I forgot another plus about being fit...I can see my feet without bending over...
wink.gif

Oh and I can do this...
jump.gif

TypeRboy

Jedi Warrior
Ouch.. The "lot of us" may not all be in need of stomach crunches.. Just getting in and out of my car is excercise. ( lift, tuck, roll, twist and then stretch out in a short running motion )

I think this thread is dangerous to all our friendly intentions..