Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'm looking for a small form inexpensive single wire alternator
would like to find something that isn't half the size of a A series engine and not cost the same as half a engine. Any suspects?
I am not quite sure what your asking for. A small single line alternator half the size of a A series alternator?
I seem to remember you could find something like that on an outboard motor.
Almost any alternator that you can mount up reasonably will work. Frank C [spritenut] liked one off a Mazda pickup from around 1990 if I remember correctly. I'm running one off a Festiva on my Datsun engined Midget. They are 2 wire alternators but you really need that for your charge light IMHO.
I'm with you...I really like the small skeleton framed alternators. Wandering around a pick and pull with a tape measure might be time well spent. Also a visit to a friendly auto parts store might get you a cooperative helper on the right day.
I have a memory that you can get one of a John Deere Gator (is that what they are called?) or some such vehicle - and I think there was one that came off an isuzu?
I did some more hunting last night and I found a couple that seem like they may work out now I need to look at the lug location and off set
the one I have now is the ac delco that every GM growing up had . It works perfect and looks ridiculous.
During a few beers the other night while putting a tender on the mustang a buddy of mine looked under the hood of the Sprite and yells out OMG is this the 60's version of a hybrid! Funny Todd real funny
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.