• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

All the busted knuckles were worth it.

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
My wife and I took a ride to the Gundlach Bundschu winery in Sonoma on Sunday. We met up with our friends who have a gorgeous '52 MG TD. Unfortunately, the MG had an undiagnosed "failure to fire" problem and they arrived in the family car. Wonderful winery, perfect for hiking, picnic, and having a little wine (78 degrees & sunny).... Our ride was spectacular. Great roads from Winters, CA to Napa, past Lake Berryessa. Perhaps the best part were all the honks, waives and smiles from people on the road. While we waited for our friends we sat in a shaded picnic area where we could see the car. Now I know what goes on when we park somewhere where we can't see it. These cars are like movie stars. I do have to admit that coming back into the Sacramento Valley into the 97 degree heat with the top down, we made use of the spray bottle full of water to cool off (felt a little crisp after that part). Thank you DMH.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He musta put them new sprigs in afore he went.---Keoke-- :devilgrin:

RobWarren

Jedi Hopeful
Roscoe you're bang on the money mate, it's brilliant watching them quietly get lots of attention.

I've been on several trips to the Hunter Valley wineries in Ruby, my '67 BJ8 and each time I go back to the car, it's surrounded by people wanting to have a closer look.

At least one of them has a beard, normally, and is knowledgeable about the Healey, which is how I refer to all users of ths forum...

"Better ask the beards" is my standard response to any head-scratching problem I have with the car. No offence to the ladies, of course...

OP
roscoe

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Rob,
I just took a short tour (on the net) of the Hunter Valley area. Gorgeous. The internet is not as good as it must be on a nice day with the top (hood) down, but it looks like Sonoma, CA has nothing on that part of Australia. Australia has been on our list for some time. Thanks for the tip on another place to go.

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've been to the Hunter Valley a number of times. My sister-in-law worked at the Rosemount Winery for a while. It is a very nice part of Australia and fairly convenient to Sydney.

RobWarren

Jedi Hopeful
Roscoe, you'd love it. It's a nice run up from Sydney and there are so many wineries all within a stone's throw of each other in beautiful surroundings.

One word of warning though - the shocks will get a workout! The surface quality on some of the smaller roads up there is poor due to local councils making many small repairs instead of resurfacing.

Well worth it though....and if you get lucky you may even find a wine maker who loves Healeys ;-)

Let me know if you're planning a trip over this way!

Rob

Country flag
We just happen to have one here called Elk Horn. Ken Nerlow(I think his name is) is a nice guy with a Healey under restoration and lots of coin operated collectables which is my other passion. (We have over 30 antique slot machines and many coin operated games). It was a real pleasure to visit with him and he has GREAT wines, too. He is in the east part of Napa valley. Hard to find but the wines are well worth it. Some of the Golden Gate Healey Club visited there last year.