• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ALERT ! Healeys Return to Bonneville Speed Runs

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Hi All,

Like many of you, I am planning to attend the <span style="font-weight: bold">Healeys Return to Bonneville </span>events during the Bonneville Speed Week of Sept. 16 thru Sept. 20.

After Emails from Healeys Return to Bonneville Team Manager, Charles Matthews, I have found out that MANY of the Healey Related Activities actually occur <span style="font-weight: bold">BEFORE Sept. 16</span> and there may not be ANY Healey activity <span style="font-weight: bold">AFTER Sept. 16.</span>

I have NOT seen this information posted or advertised anywhere.

If you plan to attend the Healey activities at Bonneville, I URGE you to <span style="font-weight: bold">FOLLOW THIS LINK</span> to a North Texas AHC web page that contains schedule related text from an Email that I received from Charles on 8/10/09.

The bottom line is that if you want to participate in the Healeys Return to Bonneville events.... Get there before Sept. 16 or EARLY on Sept. 16.

Personally, I plan to arrive in Salt Lake City on Sept. 10th.

Tim

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yes, I've moved up my arrive date to the night of the 15th so I'll be there bright and early on the 16th. See you there Tim!

Cheers,
Steve

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
AUSMHLY said:
The real thing.
Anyone have more photos of Austine Healey's at conventions/tradeshows please post them or contact me (PM)?
Thanks,
Patrick

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Hi All,

I have received Newsletter Number 9 from Endurance Car owner, Bruno Verstraete.

It has been uploaded and added to the other 8 newsletters along with schedule news of Healey specific activities at Bonneville Speed Week.

At this point, it appears as if nothing in the schedule has changed from the information posted at the link below. I will keep you informed about further events as I hear about them.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Healeys Return to Bonneville</span>

Tim

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Hi all,

I have posted some new information on my NTAHC "Healeys Return to Bonneville" web page.

This information is about preparations and precautions that should be made before going out onto the salt at Bonneville.

IF you are going to Bonneville for the Healeys speed runs, PLEASE read this new information.
NTAHC Healeys Return to Bonneville information

We leave on Wednesday morning.

Tim

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Re: ALERT ! Healeys Return to Bonneville Speed Ru

The Healey Bonneville cars showed well at the Portland ABFM yesterday and today even with the heavy rains. I spoke with Steve Pike for a while and like all fabricators/perfectionists he said he wish he had more time before they had to ship the cars to the states. The next 2 weeks will the very busy for the him and his crew. He indicated that their goal maybe to come close to the original Healey Bonneville speeds but to leave DMH's records intact.

Dougie

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior

Dougie,

Great pic ! I envy you already seeing the cars.

We're currently in Denver (from Dallas) and leave for Salt Lake City tomorrow morning.

While this event may not be as well attended as the OR2002, I expect it to be every bit as momentous.

Thanks for the pic.

Tim

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

This project seems to attract lousy weather! At Phillip Island last March the pit area was hit by a severe storm, and several racing cars were damaged by airborne debris (tents, collapsible building frames, etc) but not the special Healey,thankfully.
Does it ever rain at Bonneville? There is always a first time!

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior

We spent the day at Miller Motorsport Park in SLC.

We met a VERY gracious Steve (Streamliner) and Bruno (Endurance). They were kind enough to let many of us sit in each car for a photo-op. How KEWEL is THAT ?

The rollcage in the Streamliner is TIGHT !

Tomorrow, we're off to Wendover, then onto the salt on Monday for pit readying and tech inspections.

I wish that I had access to my web server so that you could see some of the 350 pictures that I took today. I'll try to figure out a way to show them.

Whatever happens, good or bad, THIS is Healey HISTORY !

More later.

Tim

I dunno if it ever rains here or not. The Great Salt Lake is pretty low.

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Hey Rick,

Thanks for posting the link to the link to the daily "Blog".

I forgot to include it in my last post.

Yesterday, we moved from SLC to Wendover, UT. As we drove west on I-80, we stopped at a rest stop and walked about 50 yards out onto the salt.

Where we were, the salt had a dry "crust" about 3" thick and when I broke through that crust, there was a VERY wet "slush" of water and rock salt underneath.

All along I-80, there was evidence of cars and trucks driving out onto the salt and breaking through the crust and and having to be towed out.

Although it is raining like crazy this morning, the cars and crews are moving from SLC to Wendover today to get ready for Pit set-up and Tech. inspections.

Wile there was some intial trouble starting the Streamlner, BOTH cars are now alive and running well.

This is going to be FUN ! (IF the rain doesn't thin the salt crust too much.

Tim

OP
Cottontop

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Well, when is all said and done...

The green Endurance car ran a 127 (against a 1954 speed of 132).

After patching-up some severe problems with the supercharger, the blue Streamliner ran a speed of 149.5 (against a 1954 speed of 192.6)

The Bonneville "experience" is indescribable !!! It has to be seen to be believed !

I took over 800 pictures during the week and will post some of them on the www.ntahc.org web site when I get home at the end of the week.

Whatever the outcome, Healey History was made and those of us who were there will NEVER forget it !

We ALL owe many thanks to Steve Pike and Bruno Verstraete for their efforts in bringing 1954 alive again.

Tim

Shane

Jedi Warrior
Thanks for the update for those of us that couldn't make the trip, Tim. I really look forward to seeing the pictures.

:cheers:

mjobrien

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
This has been really fun to follow and looking forward to the pictures.

Michael.