• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 Aerodynamic Effects

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
So I get back from my 1200 mile round trip to Road America for the vintage races and notice this:

Apparently the combination of rain and air made my radiator shroud baffles quite curvy--don't know if the originals did that?

Fun picture of a nice GT6 that was there, along with one of my favorite muscle cars, 69 Mach 1:

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Do TR250s not have the same sort of radiator shroud as TR4s? I don't recognize those side pieces.

TR4%20Rad%20Duct_zpswo1pcfly.jpg

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
No the 250's had the side pieces.

Cheers
Tush

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, I considered buying or making a TR4 type shroud, but ended up doing the original type side pieces. The car cools very well, even with the curved boards. I was at the middle of the gauge between the two dots (180?) the whole trip, even in traffic, at speed, and occasional 90 degree weather.