Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I used the Moss carpet set...and did not use any adhesive:
Tunnel cover is held by snaps
Drive shaft hump fits under the floor carpet
The rear floor is held by the seat tracks
The front floor is held by the firewall clips on the front and seat tracks/snaps in the rear
The upper center firewall tucks under the tunnel and front floor carpet
The left kick panel is held by screws at the door and dipper switch at front
The right kick panel is held by screws at the door and front carpet at the front
I had the same question a couple of months ago. It was recommended that I use industrial strength velcro so that I can pull the carpet and hang it to dry if it gets wet. The velcro was easy to work with and I am glad I followed the advice.
Hey guys,
Thanks for the advice I hadn't really thought about it getting wet I like the Velcro idea. It is mainly for the feet area of the driver and passenger. They slide around because of all the feet movement and in and out. The rest seems to be fine cause it is under stuff.
BTW, the reason I didn't use snaps is that some of my original snaps were missing and my floor boards are a bit thin in certain areas from surface rust. I removed all the rust and treated the metal before installing the new carpets, but didn't want to screw anything into them as this could accelerate rusting.
The velcro was a perfect solution for that reason - and was suggested by Tush (M Pied Lourd)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.