• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Abingdon for the MG Enthusiast

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
Thanks, Rick!
I really enjoyed reading the excellent article and studying the photos. Most of us are interested in all of the British marques, not just the one we currently own, I certainly am.

I have never been to Abingdon though I have spent time in the are, a friend of mine ran a classic car showroom and racecar restoration company in Witney, which is or was the home of Benneton/Renault F1. Nice area, lots of yellow Cotswold stone used in walls and other construction, and pretty countryside.

Great article!
Simon.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Rick

Thanks for sharing that was excellent.

Patrick

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Neat stuff even for a Sprite fan.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yes thanks. I'd love to get there and see it one of these days.

BritCarFan

Jedi Hopeful
Great article. I actually thought that everything was torn down after the closure, but it relieves me to see that some buildings remain.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Great article Rick! Thanks for posting it. I swear that the Black Horse Pub looks familiar. Looks like the pub the wife and I had lunch in when we were over there for the kids wedding. That's were I inadvertently jumped in the left side of the car when we were about to leave and was dumbfounded for a second as someone took the steering wheel! Being a creature of habit is a bad thing at times. My wife laughed until tears were in her eyes and even said to a young British couple when walking by, Yup, he's a tourist, cant even figure what side of the car to get into. I still hear about it today.
ashamed0002.gif
PJ