Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Ebay This car is almost in my back yard. I think I will try to get a look at the car as I will never see one like it this close again. It has got to go for at least $225.
It’s been for sale on a couple web sites before. It ran in the GT1. class at Sebring 1959 Sprites won there class but did not win the GT750 class as stated in the write up.
That was Team Roosevelt in Fiat-Abarth 750 Monza the cars finished 1-2-3-4
This car was featured in Moss motoring a few years back. Cool car to have but have'nt won the lottery yet.
Somewhere I have an article written by the fellow that DROVE the car from Fl. to Cali. after the race. He and a twin cam MGA had a sporting and interesting jaunt across the country.
KA.
That story is by Ocee Ritch and is in the little (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") book "Sprite-MG Midget Owner's Handbook" (by Clymer) but the actual car had #55 on the side in the book. In the story they said that they took that particular one since it had had no trouble in the race.
If anyone wants a copy of the book I have broken mine up and scanned it and put it on CD. Tell me and I would be glad to send a copy (no cost since I don't want to deal with copyright questions).
BillM
Bill: Very generous of you!! Yes, I remember the book was by Clymer and I think its in my shop somewhere. Need to do some organizing when I get caught up.
Merry Xmas to you and Bill L.
KA.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.