• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A lovely Sprite day

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
here. Sun and high 60's. So...............

Miss Agatha was wineing in the garage for a chance to get out and do her thing. So...................

We took about a 20 mile run. She behaved like the lady she is and we had thumbs up and smiles from lots of folks.

She is now contentedly tucked away for another day.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Jack,

I'm envious, 52 but overcast and raining here in Dayton. Fortunately all of that blizzard stuff is north of here. Bugsy did get started down in the garage today and got well warmed up in the garage. All the switches got exercised and after two months of forced idleness due to woobly wheel syndrome I haven't had time to fix, he seemed very happy to at least go Vroom, Vroom in the garage. I fitted the tonneau as best I could around the rollbar and stretched out over the cockpit to keep the dust and dirt out of the interior. Wish I could have gotten around to fitting the new top that is in the back of the garage, but work and other projects kept me from doing fun things. After Christmas the woobly front wheels get fixed, small heavy package is under the tree with my name on it from Santa with a NOS Set of wheel bearings. Bugsy will be ready to go come Spring. Hey only 7 more days until the days start getting longer once again. Come on Spring.

RickB

Yoda
20F is the high temp here today.
Brrrrr...

I'm taking Frank out for a short trip over to the in laws, he likes to get out & vroom around a bit every day.

It's going to get cold tonight, probably around 10F at my house.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
20 miles is only about enough time to get a Spridget's oil warmed up.. I won't even try to tune the carbs unless its been going for at least a half an hour!

GET BACK OUT THERE!

That said, freezing weather with snow fall in the Pacific Northwest with an expected ARCTIC BLAST a comin'.

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
70 degrees here on the coast of NC today. My BE is partially disassembled in my garage so I took the Big Healey out for a 30 minute spin today. It feels so good to drive a Healey. Tomorrow is going to be 75 so I might just have to go for a longer drive.
Charlie

Morris

Yoda
Sunny and 70's here... took a break from getting the house ready for the Solstice party to run down to the hamburger stand with my daughter. She held her hands up above the windscreen (she is pretty high up in her baby seat) and screamed "Whoopee!"

Then while accelerating from a stop sign to a blistering 30mph she turned to me and said, "Daddy, you're Little Car goes soooo fast."

*sigh* I love my kids.

PHerder

Jedi Hopeful
Not a lovely Sprite night here in south central Kansas.

8 F here right now with 21 mph winds...

I don't want to think what the wind chill is.

BRRRR!

And it isn't even winter yet!!

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Amazing 50 here, but only for another few hours before Paul's 8 comes our way. It rained all day or I'd have taken mine out for a spin. Probably a really bad idea on the salt infested roads but so tempting. Besides the MC isn't fully bled and the wheels are all pulled off for brake work.

BugEyeBear

Jedi Trainee
jvandyke said:
Amazing 50 here, but only for another few hours before Paul's 8 comes our way. It rained all day or I'd have taken mine out for a spin. Probably a really bad idea on the salt infested roads...

"Gosh! I so miss that MI weather..." (kidding...)

Highs are in the 70's here in Georgia ALL WEEK! & the only salt on the roads is whatever you dragged home from your drive along the coast!

Come On Down!! :driving:

-Bear-

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
I'd move in a heartbeat but for the family. Michigan is beautiful but only 5 months out of the year, winter is pretty for about 20 minutes then I've had enough. Sure enough, went from 50 to 22 in 2 hours, flash froze all the wet and it's ice roads again. Neat.....not.

BugEyeBear

Jedi Trainee
jvandyke said:
Michigan is beautiful but only 5 months out of the year, winter is pretty for about 20 minutes then I've had enough.

I COMPLETELY Agree!! :iagree:

RickB

Yoda
12F here last night.
Brrrrrr......

Frankie was a bit rougher to start than normal, but he got going.

Morris

Yoda
Old Man winter rolled into our town last night about 3:00 AM. I had to get out of bed to close all the windows. It was hot in the house when we went to bed and in the 30's when we woke up. That's cold for a wimpy, thin blooded Central Texan like me.

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
RickB said:
12F here last night.
Brrrrrr......

We were -16F last night and it's only gotten to +1F today. Brrrr indeed! :smile:

The old Bugeye starts up just fine, but the roads are snow packed and icy, so I'm not even attempting to drive it.

RickB

Yoda
At least our roads are bare & dry.

losmorob

Jedi Hopeful
40-50 all day. A brief "eye of the storm" 2 hr break. So I pulled my recently (last week)acquired Sprite outside. Replaced the rubber duckie antenna with an old school model. Aligned the hood so it closes with a gentle push vs. slamming it from 2' up. I also re-installed the hood bumper stops. Then I threaded the broken spare tire holder in the trunk, flipped the spare over and re-installed with a new wing nut.

Probably the most important event today was I drove the Sprite into the backyard where my MGBGT is parked. So the GT met his new sister today!

Then the skies clouded back up and back went the Sprite under cover. The new top is on order from Prestige, or I would probably be driving it today!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Winter's here -- ran the snowblower and shoveled twice this weekend, will have to do it again in the morning as well. Workbench is done now, though, so I can start on some Sprite projects tomorrow. That's if I'm not to knackerd from shoveling...
grin.gif

scubabatdan

Jedi Trainee
74°F here today in SE corner of Alabama!
Getting very close to her madien voyage (legaly :D)
Just got the doors build up and the dash almost connected and put in. Course I am proud of my dash I got off ebay for 14.00! Just needed the metal blanking inside the foam for my 74. Refoamed and vinyled the 73's dash that was cracked and falling apart. I actually like the slim look of it. Course I had to vinyl the corners by the door in the same color so it does not look out of place, but hey my wife likes it.

I wanna drive :cryin: