• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Favorite Quote

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
"It's easier to ask for forgiveness that permission."
grin.gif

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
" That's jes the way it is...an iffin you think differnt, sumbody musta done learnt you wrong!" - Darnell Tarwater

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
3798j said:
"The client is not always right." - Enzo Ferrari

That's what he said after Ferruccio Lamborghini came to Enzo complaining about the clutch in his new Ferrari with advise on how to fix it. "What does a tractor manufacturer know about clutches for high performance cars??" We all know what happened after that.

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls." – Stirling Moss

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win." - Enzo Ferrari

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down." - Paul Newman

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"I can only drive a car in which I have some confidence, and I feel the point of no confidence is quite near." Jochen Rindt (describing his Lotus 72)

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Ettore Bugatti favoured cable-operated brakes demanding heavy foot pressure.
On one occasion he loftily told a customer, "I make my cars to go, not to stop."

--------------------------

During the 50's, the famous racing driver, Juan Manuel Fangio had a new team-mate who was struggling to improve his laptimes.

He asked Fangio for advise....

Fangio shared with him the secret of all successful racing drivers......

"More gas, less brakes."
grin.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
n249Fc0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"Another way to solve the traffic problems of this country is to pass a law that only paid-for cars be allowed to use the highways." Will Rogers

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"A man who has once gotten automobiles into his blood can never give them up...". Preston Tucker

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I once went off track during a PDX. I was asked what happened, "I looked in the mirror and saw a Viper and figured I had better let him pass, off I went". Instructor said "you never worry about what is behind you, unless you block they will get around".

OP
3798j

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
"It is cheaper to have 35 cars & one woman than one car & 35 women". Jay Leno