• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Beautiful MG SA at Kirkland Concours

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
I'm in love with an MG!!! A 1937 MG SA was displayed at the Kirkland Concours. For the unfamiliar, the SA was a six-cylinder luxury car. This one had a touring body by Charlesworth.

Picture is attached, so you can all drool along with me!!!

Attachments

• 253818-mgsa.jpg
    253818-mgsa.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 161

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
It would be great to ride in that car,if only I could afford it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Drool you said,drooling I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I'd give my left anything for one like that!!!! Excellent!

Steve_S

Yoda
As are all MG SAs, that car is gorgeous. But I do think we need a closeup of the hood ornament. I wonder if it's what it looks like!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here are a couple photos an a nicely restored SA Tickford I saw at GoF West last year in Buellton, CA. It is for sale in case anyone is interested. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

IMG_2827.jpg

And here is a photo of the hood ornament on that one. One of my favorites ever.

IMG_2821.jpg

For more photos CLICK HERE.

I know a guy with the coolest pre-war hood-ornament/coolant-level radiador caps collection that I've ever seen! A couple marques that even I have not heard nor read about! And a few from common marques that would probably pay off his house.

No, but I may be able to get some pics of them myself... he's the guy that gave me my boat.

shorn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I arrived at the Kirkland Concours early in the am and it was still raining or misting slightly. Most of the cars were covered with plastic sheets. I offered to drive one of Shirley's Ferraris (especially the 54) back to my garage to keep it dry, but the offer was declined. All of 4 or 5 MG's were pretty neat, but only the SA seemed to fit in the show. Gorgeous cars, and the Kirkland show is starting to get lots of attention. I think this was their 4th year, but wouldn't you know we would have a little rain, about the first all summer. At least it stopped.

OP
S

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Yeah, I should have mentioned that there were many great MGs there, including two Ken Miles' famous specials -- R1/Flying Shingle. I have pictures of the specials from way back, so I didn't snap any at the show.

It had been 80 days without rainfall -- and only 8/100ths of an inch in the weeks before that, and of course it rained for the Concours. I saw Tom Armstrong, who is the chair, and he just laughed. The 2nd year they held it in the parking garage due to the threat of rain, and when I reported on how many people were disappointed that a record gathering of Duesies were in a dark garage (and it never rained) it really hit a nerve. Luckily Tom is a really great guy and they decided to just press on outside -- and they've had two straight years of rain!!! It does always clear by noon, though.

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
It does always clear by noon, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

The Pacific Northwest daily weather report that just runs on a loop.

They don't call blue plastic tarps the Oregon State Flag for nothin'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

shorn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Actually we just report that it rains all the time in the great Pacific NW to keep all the Californians from overrunning the place.

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in love with an MG!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the same way the first time I visited the BMHIT Museum at Gaydon. There was an SA Saloon there that was absolutely stunning.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif