• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

911 rear tires

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Is this accurate? Or should it be posted in the “humor” forum?

BFC66750-A2F3-4327-99E7-2B1F662EC10A.jpeg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Fond memories of those XaS tires. Re-shoe a GT3 and ya gotta take out a second mortgage.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
356 stories... got a few. 911 tales as well. Not sure I'd even want any of them built after 1985.

Been disgusted over the cost of the older Porsches in the last few years, new ones are out of sight too.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A number of years ago went to Sebring for a Porsche/BMW track day. My friend of fifty years is an instructor, he took me around the track in the passengers' seat for a couple hot laps in his Carerra S4... impressive! Later, we did a "parade lap" with Diesela, nose-to-tail behind another 300D Turbo Benz. The corner workers were splitting a gut laughing at that sight. :ROFLMAO:

EDITED: To correct the Porsche version and ad the link to a prior thread.

Last edited:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My nephew had a GT3 for a while. Tried to learn how to race it with limited success. Finally sold it and started racing a Miata. I asked him why and he said, "For the price of a brake job on the GT3, I can buy a whole Miata and racing uses up brakes quickly."

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The "responsibility of ownership" alone is daunting. But there IS "Track Insurance" ($$$) available!

That same friend just yesterday told me he's acquired a turbo 944, He'll track that with less concern over wrinkling it. His Dot-in-Law put one of his 911's into a tire wall a couple seasons ago, he's still on the fence about fixing or parting out that one. We'd sourced a later 3.6L engine for it a few years before. Thing went like stink!!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The "responsibility of ownership" alone is daunting. But there IS "Track Insurance" ($$$) available!

That same friend just yesterday told me he's acquired a turbo 944, He'll track that with less concern over wrinkling it. His Dot-in-Law put one of his 911's into a tire wall a couple seasons ago, he's still on the fence about fixing or parting out that one. We'd sourced a later 3.6L engine for it a few years before. Thing went like stink!!
Just posted in another forum

1674830263840.png

1674830274750.png

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Australia?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks like British plates on that Land Rover.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Who was that driver who reportedly said "In my day, the tires were thin and the drivers were fat." while looking at a relatively new F1 car?