Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
More newbie questions. I love My new 79 Spitfire, but...not the bumpers. I did a search, but did not find anything. Can I remove the original bumpers and replace with earlier, chrome bumpers? Any downside to doing this? Thanks!
The bumper overriders are the real problem. I got used to the ones on Mum's Spitfire and she's perfectly happy with them, so we never looked into a swap.
I would recommend, instead, that you go see if you can get a set of front springs from a MKIV Spitfire. It makes the front end suspension so much nicer and then you'll be too busy driving about to worry about the bumpers.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.