• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

'77 MGB

mtnance

Freshman Member
Glad to find a forum that appears to be "active" because I need plenty of advice. I'd post a photo of the mgb but I am not sure how.

This car is in pretty good shape. Only one small dent behind the right rear wheelwell and the bonnet has a slight indention. I want to begin stripping it down so I can start with the minor bodywork and remove all paint. (Previous owner had it painted but it wasn't done right and has cracks all over it.)

I can see how to remove most everything except the windshield. I've read the haynes book but it doesn't really help much. What is the procedure for this? Any helpful tips/advice?

On the list to do:

Replace carpeting, some gauges if I can find, paint, convert the front factory shocks to new system, upgrade the tires, and complete the interior in leather. Hmmmm, I better go water the money tree.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Welcome to this primo resource, be sure to ask your questions in the MG section. I'm sure there are a lot of people there who will give you the step-by-step preceedure, and probably pictures to boot.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Let me add my Welcome and encouragement. This is a great place to emerse yourself in a great hobby. Good Luck!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome aboard. To post a picture, either post a new topic or reply to an existing topic using the actual reply button (not the quick reply at the bottom of the thread). Then, before you save your post, click the "File Manager" link at the bottom of the edit window. This will allow you to search your computer and upload a pictrue as an attachment.

Basil

BritCarFan

Jedi Hopeful
Welcome to this forum. I owned a 1978 MGB until 1 year ago and did a lot of work to it.
You will find a lot of knowlegable members here.