Tinkerman
Darth Vader
Offline
Among the many items that I bought as I rode along on this restoration was a small felt dip stick seal. Item # 41 in the engine section of the Moss catalog (NFI). I put it on the dipstick and there is about 1/4 of an inch sticking out on the dipstick? Is that going to make my dip stick read wrong. I did not take a reading when I first filled up with oil because the engine was brand new. Now since it has been run a bit and leaked some (leaks fixed) I have no idea what my oil level is. I look at the dip stick and see that it is at a level with the first mark. Short of draining the oil and starting all over again, I'm not sure what to do. If I put enough oil in it to bring it up to the second mark will I be over filling it?
Your thoughts and comments, as always, greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tinkerman
Your thoughts and comments, as always, greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tinkerman
Hey Guest!
Took me a while to figure this out, but works for me, too....