Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Having seen the car and what goes with it I'll say that when I bought mine I had a lot more work since I had to take it apart and get it ready for sandblasting and paint. Every part is first class from the Rivergate conversion with a rebuilt tranny, GR starter, fresh engine, wheels, etc. I guess it has to do with what you want and from my experience I would rather buy a car with no surprises. I have much more in mine and I don't have it to a bare shell yet.
Rut
the issue here is not seeing the proper value of the package deal. it is accepting the truth of what amount of money you will spend on a similar project.
we never really want to know the monies spent. if we knew we would never start redoing the little rust burgers.
plus it is hard to pay the lump sum, when for 2500 more you can buy a completed bugeye
Trevor,
I agree completely about parting it out, but this has been a labor of love and he doesn't want to let it go, much less part it out. It's all about getting the right buyer and the seller together. Knowing what I know now I would have chosen his car over the one I have since I have so many hidden issues even tho the PO had receipts. Mine was a 'restoration' with everything rebuilt that sat for 4 years. I don't know whose car had the work done to it, but it wasn't mine.
Rut
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.