• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

57 Healey 100-6

dtrower

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just want to introduce myself to all the members, here is a little history. When I was in the Coast Guard back in the 60s I purchased my first Healey in Miami Florida. After I was discharged after my active duty I returned to my home in Kansas. I met my wife in Kansas City and we had our first date in this car. Since I bought the car in Florida it had no heater and the winters in Kansas are very cold. So I traded my 57 Healey in on a 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix. The next date I had with my wife she wanted to know what happened to that little red car. She said she really love it and wished I had kept it. So for several years I looked for a 1957 Austin Healey 100-6 just like the one I had back in Florida. I found one in Rhode Island in 1993 and paid $2,800 and had it complete restored. It took me until 2010 to completely do a frame off restoration.

Attachments

• 1957 Austin Healey 006.JPG
    1957 Austin Healey 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Great story about the Healey lost and found.

I still regret selling my TR3 that I had in the 1970s. Truth be known it was a rot box and would not have survived much longer. It was the UK and a daily driver.

David

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! I had a '59 100-6 that I bought in 1975 for $1000.
First car I took my (to be) Wife out in.