• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

4 month search over! Luggage rack obtained.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
So the one thing that had been bugging me the most about my TR6, even before I bought it, was the fact that the trunk had been drilled for a luggage rack, but there was no rack, just 8 screws sticking out of the top. I would have been fine if there was no rack and no holes, or holes and a rack, but having the holes and no rack was driving me batty.

The big problem that I had was... the holes were for a rack that was 38x16 and none of the common racks out there were that size. I had finally decided that I was going to buy the much longer TR7 rack and cut it down to size to match the holes on the trunk, and had actually placed a bid on ebay for one last week.

Day of Triumph rolled around this last Sunday, and I actually had a measuring tape looking at other people's luggage racks. Well, just as I was getting ready to leave, Dan from her majesty's auto service mentioned that he thought one of their customers, Steve, had a luggage rack that he was going to put on ebay, and to ask him what size it was.

I searched on Ebay and found what I thought was the rack, being the only TR6 luggage rack on ebay in Mass. sent a question late Sunday night. "Is this Steve? I was told you had a luggage rack for sale that was going up on ebay. What are the mounting dimensions of this rack?" Low and behold... his reply back "Yes it is. 16" X38" 6 bars"

I blinked in surprise at the numbers for a minute upon reading it... blinked again... and I couldn't reach the buy it now button fast enough! This morning at quarter of 7 I drove down to his place and picked up the rack. I was starving having somehow managed to miss eating supper the previous night, and so I stopped at a great breakfast place on the way home for an omelet... but I could hardly enjoy the food because I was too anxious to get home and fit the rack.

Well, I got home, went immediately to the garage, and viola, perfect fit ! I couldn't be happier right now. I excitedly took this photo with my cellphone camera, so it's not the best... but I'm grinning ear to ear right now =)

luggagerack.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Congratulations! Amazing how the "little" details turn into big events, ain't it?

:cheers:
Mickey

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Another DOT success story. I had bought some raffle tickets at DOT on Sunday. When I checked out the raffle table I found a complete set of wheel trim rings for a Spitfire. The ones that came with my car are sitting in the garage all marked up from curbs.
When my number was called they were still there. I quickly snatched them up. What a nice day.

OP
justin_mercier

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Yeah, i went home with a stainless steel battery hold down to replace the rusted one that I had, and a pair of 3 point harness front seat belts.

Ironically I have a pair of 3 point harness front seat belts on back order with TRF right now. Ah well =D

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
justin_mercier said:
... his reply back "Yes it is. 16" X38" 6 bars"...
and I couldn't reach the buy it now button fast enough!...because I was too anxious to get home and fit the rack... and viola, perfect fit ! I couldn't be happier right now.

Don't ya just love it when that happens? Congrats.

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Love success stories! I'm always excited about those type of stories they are what make this hobby so much fun.

Congratulations Justin, Tinkerman

71MKIV

Jedi Warrior
patience, combined with diligence, gets you everything.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I'm glad that he found it. When we all met on Sunday to go to the show, I was afraid that he was going to take a screwdriver and remove one of the three on the cars that were in the caravan.

Gordon_Dedrick

Jedi Trainee
Went to a local car show and had a truck in front spit up a stone that cracked my right headlight. Spent $5. on the parts raffle and ended up with a set of stone guards to fit my TR3!!
Gordon