• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

22 November 63

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
In remembrance of a man, husband, father, and president.

flame.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The date our old 64 Buick Electra was bought.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
In remembrance of a man, husband, father, and president.
I must have watched six different Network news programs yeaterday.
Not one single mention, a disgrace.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I must have watched six different Network news programs yeaterday.
Not one single mention, a disgrace.

Thanks Steve. I was dumbfounded there was hardly any serious reaction to my post. Very sad, we often want to talk about ourselves and pay little heed to others. For me, Pub has lost its attraction now.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, and Popeye's.
Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks Steve. I was dumbfounded there was hardly any serious reaction to my post. Very sad, we often want to talk about ourselves and pay little heed to others. For me, Pub has lost its attraction now.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, and Popeye's.
Tom M.

On previous markings of this "anniversary" in The Pub there were many reactions posted, mine included. Personally I felt it would be redundant to re-post the experience and recollection of it.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
On previous markings of this "anniversary" in The Pub there were many reactions posted, mine included. Personally I felt it would be redundant to re-post the experience and recollection of it.
Ditto. Doesn’t mean I don’t remember it, even though I was just a tike. I was older when Reagan was shot (but thankfully not killed) and that probably hit me more personally just because of being older at the time.

Country flag
Like you just a little guy when it occurred, 6yo. I knew it happened but wasn't old enough to understand what was going on. I do remember seeing him moved form the White House to the Capitol a couple day later.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tom,
I didn't mean to be disrespectful of your post. Honestly, for me I'm young enough that I have no more connection to Kennedy's assassination than I do McKinley's (which was on September 6th). To put this comment in perspective, my parents were eight and five when Kennedy was assassinated and I wasn't born until seventeen years after. So it's all an abstract to me, nothing more.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
What a bunch of young'ins. I was a senior in high school.

I remember the sadness. I remember it, but my Mother always told me to not dwell on the past.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Tom,
I didn't mean to be disrespectful of your post. Honestly, for me I'm young enough that I have no more connection to Kennedy's assassination than I do McKinley's (which was on September 6th). To put this comment in perspective, my parents were eight and five when Kennedy was assassinated and I wasn't born until seventeen years after. So it's all an abstract to me, nothing more.
Bit of a hijack here (Ok complete hijack) I wonder if that makes you the youngest member of the forum? 😁

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well he is just a pup for sure.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bit of a hijack here (Ok complete hijack) I wonder if that makes you the youngest member of the forum? 😁
Once upon a time I know I was, twenty years ago when I joined the forum I was merely twenty-one.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Once upon a time I know I was, twenty years ago when I joined the forum I was merely twenty-one.
Yeah I was 20 years younger too. funny how that works. I suspect it might also be true for the rest of us. For now at least my observation still stands. :cheers:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yeah I was 20 years younger too. funny how that works. I suspect it might also be true for the rest of us. For now at least my observation still stands. :cheers:
I meant that in the past twenty years someone younger may have joined.

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
And now back to our regular scheduled programming:
I was stationed at Fr Hood. TX. We immediately wondered if some of us would be sent to Dallas, to do what we had no idea. Some people were in the day room watching TV continually. Most were shocked when Ruby was killed. (Side note - several of us had gone to his club late summer and thought it was a grand rip off).
What we thought was funny was the company formation on Saturday to announce the Commander on Chief had been killed and the VP was the new Commander in Chief. After the funeral things settled back to normal