Ed Sweeney
Senior Member
Offline
If one wanted to make their TR3B completely concours correct what tires should be installed? I've heard that by 1962 radials were standard equipment, but what brand? Thanks!
Hey Guest!
Andrew Mace said:...I'm not sure whether those exact tires are still available in either 155R15 or 165R15 sizes currently?
Yes...for bias-ply tires. But radials, for the most part, have had sizes designated in "metric" for many years.Geo Hahn said:Andrew Mace said:...I'm not sure whether those exact tires are still available in either 155R15 or 165R15 sizes currently?
My memory is a bit fuzzy (as it is with many things that happened in the 60s) but weren't tire sizes back then expressed using a different system -- e.g. 550x15, 560x15, etc?
Yes, but there was a gradual transition to metric, starting in the 50's. "Practical Hints" (the factory owner's handbook for the TR3) 6th edition (which I believe would have been current in 1960) lists tires (sorry, tyres) in both systems.Geo Hahn said:My memory is a bit fuzzy (as it is with many things that happened in the 60s) but weren't tire sizes back then expressed using a different system -- e.g. 550x15, 560x15, etc?