Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Is there anyone out there that has used somthing more than a 4# radiator cap - I have a 7#, that I would like to use - I have serviced both the radiator and the heater core - Midnight
I run a 10 psi cap, but don't have a heater installed and my radiator has been recored with a modern core. I did have some trouble with reproduction upper radiator hoses (the ones with the cloth outer covering from TRF), not sure if it was related to the increased pressure or not. But it turns out that Gates makes a heavy duty 'Vibraflex' hose that has worked out great so far. https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=99447&cc=1492186
Randell - thanks for the reply - while both have been serviced and pressure tested - all good - give the trouble it is to pull the heater, I think I'll just stick with 4# - thanks - miles crail
I run the 7# cap and I also have the same upper hose Randall mentioned. I have had no pressure related problems, and that is also with an original heater.
thanks guys - i lost a heater core several years ago, and the thought of anti-frez on the carpet and removing the heater is not somthing to look forward to - however, the extra pressure has its appeal -
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.