• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1958 100-6 Seats

ronzet

Jedi Knight
AH fans...

I have been in an on-going argument with the upholstery guy that did my seats....

This is for an early 100-6...

I purchased the bottom frame, wood insert, and seat back frame from Moss along with seat foam and upholstery. The seat back does not have holes pre-drilled for the mounting of the seatback to the seat bottom.

When the seatback was installed the upholsterer drilled the holes and installed the seatback so that it (the seatback) rests on the floor and not on the top of the bottom frame as it is supposed to be installed...

SOOOOOO.... I need a picture(s) of the seats with the frames that have been correctly installed...

If you have a picture or two that shows what it is supposed to look like please post or send to me.. I sincerely appreciate any help that I can get....

Country flag
Nope, definitely not on the floor. I have a 58 Longbridge, and the seats were done by Dave Gallager of Phoenix Upholstery (Dave was the head Healey upholsterer for Heritage for many years). The seatback sits on top of the bottom frame. I'll try to take some pictures tonight, and post them in the morning, or even late tonight.

Larry

Country flag
You don't need my pictures - go to www.healeysix.net and look at the pics under "Longbridge features", it shows the seat backs resting on the bottom frames. If this doesn't do it, let me know and I'll post some pictures of how mine are done.

Larry

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Larry,

Thanks for the note.. I visited the site you recommended and printed a few pictures that will show the upholsterer what he was supposed to do...

He has already drilled the holes in the backs -- in the wrong place.... So, a simple job that he has made a pain the the arse...

Country flag
Too bad about the holes, but at least you'll have it right when he is done this time. Is your car Longbridge built 100-6? Probably so, if it's an early 100-6. The whole process of getting mine back together ahs been a learning experience on the differences of the Longbridge built 100-6's.

Anyway, lots of luck with the seats!

Larry

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Larry,

Yes, mine is a Longbridge car... Early 1958... The PO had put later model schtuff all over it so keeping it Longbridge has taken some research....

I was going to post a couple of pictures but couldn't find the right disk.. I'll post later....

Country flag
Sounds good - I'll look forward to the pictures! I think the hardest part I had to find was the top bows with the little rollers on the sticks. At first I didn't even know what I was looking for, finally the folks over at Cape International sent me a bunch of pictures.

Larry

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Larry,

Here is the car as it sits today... The interior is yet to be installed (owing to the upholsterer). The interior colors are blue with white piping.... It runs great and we have driven it with the old Jeep seat as the place to sit...

VIcs%201%20small.jpg

vics%203%20small.jpg

vics%202%20small.jpg

Shane

Jedi Warrior
That blue is beautiful... :thumbsup:

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Shane,

Thanks... I do like the way it turned out.... Looks better when washed.. :smirk:

Country flag
Wow, really nice. I like the blue over white combo a lot!

Larry

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hey,

Get going on that '57. I would love to see another rare and unique colored 1957 Austin-Healey 100-6.
How about vintage racing that Healey, Primose yellow with an Old English White hard top, I can already see it. I'm always the only car in Florida Green at every event I race in. It's pretty cool.........Healeys rule.

Good luck with the resto,

Dougie

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Here's some ideas for your interior if you don't feel like going with the exact factory correct method.

Dougie

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Dougie,

Nice seats....Not to mention the CAR!!! :thumbsup:

A quick update... the upholsterer called this morning and said that the seats have been repaired and done correctly and are ready to be picked up...

I shall let you know... :rolleyes:

Country flag
Post a picture when you get the seats! :yesnod:

OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Larry,

Will do... probably this afternoon... :yesnod:

Country flag
OP
ronzet

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Larry,

I visited the thread with the pictures of your seats... Wow, your upholsterer did a great job... :thumbsup:

Mine did an adequate job... usable but not as nice as yours... :rolleyes:

Country flag
Doesn't matter, all you do is sit on them anyway - the fun is in the driving!!