• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1956 TR3 carburetor problem

Mike Weikert

Still Lurking
The number 2 piston on my SU carburetor will not move up and down when engine is being accelerated. When the engine is not running the number 2 piston will not move all the way to the bottom when it is raised by hand. I have switched the piston, spring, and camber from position 1 to position 2 but I get the same results. Everything works fine on number 1 but number 2 does the same thing. I also cleaned all of the parts with carburetor cleaner.

BGLuigi

Freshman Member
Country flag
As I recall, the jet has to be centred around the needle in the piston. The piston should fall with a small thud when the piston is raised and released.

BGLuigi

Freshman Member
Country flag
Further to the above: Loosen the brass jet in the body of the carburetor, shift the jet around slightly until the raised piston, when released, falls all the way, with the “ thud”, when released. I hope I’m addressing your problem.