Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
It's time to change the oil and filter on Tillie, my wife's Spitfire. Any one know the Fram filter number for the 1500 engine? Is it the same as the 1147 and 1296?
Yes, IF you don't have an air pump (which, as I recall necessitates a narrower filter), you can use the Fram PH-16 (with the adaptor you hopefully have), or AC PF-13, etc.
I don't have an airpump on the 1500. I don't have an adaptor either. The filter on the engine now, I ordered from Spitbits: Unipart GFE 442. I appears much smaller than the Fram PH43 I use on the smaller engines.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.