Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Yes. The metal material in there gets gunked up and eventually becomes a big plug. Another issue is from an incorrect valve cover cap that isn’t vented, not allowing air flow into the engine.
I've had a continual oil leak problem and suspect this might be much of the cause as I had it happen once on a 924 Porsche. On it the vent went directly into the sump cavity and I couldn't get the fitting out of the block so after draining oil I reverse flushed it several times with a gallon of diesel, it worked perfectly. I'm not sure about that method here considering the diesel would have to go back thru the timing chain galley hole, but probably worth a try rather than tearing apart the entire front end. After doing this it best to get the oil pressure pumped up before restarting.
The PO of this car spent a lot of money on race motor goodies, but ignored some of the basics like a poor block surfacing job and then using a metal head gasket.. Head gaskets lasted about 15 minutes of run time, a composite one worked perfectly.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.