• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

12 year wait for period hot rod

jwolf

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello, I'm Josh from Wisconsin.

I have a 1964 Triumph TR4 that I acquired from my uncle in April of 2019 after asking him about it for 12 years. He bought the car in Florida, a French export model, in 1974 and drove it from Florida to Wisconsin. There he built it into a hot rod with the drivetrain from a 1963 Chevrolet Bel-Air, a 283 with a Muncie 319 floor shift 3-speed. The car features Koni shocks, a hand built wooden dash insert with Stewart Warner gauges, rear mounted battery, four-spoke magnesium American Racing Wheels, and a full custom wiring harness. My grandmother once drove it from Wisconsin to West Virginia and back with her oldest daughter. Butch parked the car in his garage in 1981 because his wife told him it was too fast, and it didn't see the light of day for 41 years until I pulled it out. It is a true time capsule. I've been working on the car with my dad and my uncle for the past two years now. The attempt is to preserve as much of the 70s hot rod heritage as possible by restoring and or replacing the vintage speed parts and working with as many original parts as we can. Currently the motor is under rebuild from S+J Engines in Washington and the three-speed is at Badger Transmission in Madison, WI. With 282 hp on tap, the car will hopefully be terrorizing the roads of southern Wisconsin by the fall.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Josh!

There's quite a number of dark-siders who've shoe-horned V6's and V8's, as well as other interesting conversions, into British iron. If you're interested, there will be an annual gathering held in Auburn, Indiana in June. And then we have another annual get-together here in Townsend, at the foothills of the Smokies, in early October. Let me know if you want any further info.

:cheers:
Mickey

OP
J

jwolf

Freshman Member
Country flag
4383A4B6-1258-4148-975F-15961D1B8EA0.jpeg
28C03B70-F115-486E-9E06-B27590651884.jpeg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver