• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

100 throttle linkage--help needed

Country flag
In order to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds to access to repair the broken exhaust pipe for cylinders 1 and 4 I had to undo the throttle linkage. Stupidly I did not diagram how everything was oriented prior to disassembly and I am having difficulty getting the linkage back together. Specifically, I need to know how the bell crank mounts:

1. Does its acute angle (less than 180 degrees) face up or down when the bellcrank is mounted on the post?
2. Is the spacer/bushing that is attached to the bellcrank facing inboard (towards the block) or outboard when the unit is slipped over the post?

Also, to what does the long throttle-return spring hook?

TIA....

OP
Michael Oritt
Country flag
Thanks all for the illustrations and photos--once I saw the position of the bellcrank it all became clear and I was able to reassemble the throttle linkage this morning without too much difficulty. I do, however, have another challenge:

Before starting reassembly I decided to leave for last the copper drain pipes which mount to the underside of the intake manifolds. Now that I have everything bolted up I see that, because of the long inflexible drain pipes, getting the nipples started into the holes will not be an easy job.

That will be tomorrow's task....

OP
Michael Oritt
Country flag
This morning I attempted to install the drain pipes into the intake manifolds from under the car and though I could see the holes into which the nipples screwed there was no way I could make it happen.

So after having wasted an hour looking for an easy way out which did not exist I did what I should have done in the first place: I removed the intake manifolds with the carbs attached, pulled them about 4" from the engine and flipped them 90 degrees which gave me good access to the drain holes. Buttoning everything up did require some gentle bending of the copper drains as I repositioned the flanges but in the end it all went back together just fine.

Thanks all for the input.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Longbridge 100-6 Throttle Linkage Pictures - Any Out There? Austin Healey 27
T 100-Six Clutch Recommendations Austin Healey 5
J Owners of my 100-4 Austin Healey 1
andrea AH 100/6 1957 Longbridge Photo Albums Austin Healey 5
H 100-6 Interior Installation Austin Healey 4
B Overcooling Healey 100 Austin Healey 13
BoyRacer Nissan/Datsun engine swap into a 100/4? Austin Healey 30
Michael Oritt 100 Windshield seal Austin Healey 0
madhouse 100-Six Side Curtains Austin Healey 8
C 100/6 BN4 Soft Top Frame Austin Healey 7
Editor_Reid Healey 100 Chassis Dimensions Austin Healey 5
Martinld123 Healey 100 BN2 Water Pumps Austin Healey 9
steveg 100-4 Distributor Internal Ground Wire Austin Healey 6
dougie Austin-Healey 100 Documentary Austin Healey 3
T Wanted Looking for a solid [but doesn't have to be perfect] 100-6 Austin Healey Classifieds 16
H 100-6 Austin-Healey Austin Healey 7
K 100/6 Stamped Numbers Austin Healey 6
R Wanted 100 side curtains Austin Healey Classifieds 9
HealeyRick Streamlined 100-Sixes Austin Healey 0
DerekJ Fitting a 100-Six grille. Austin Healey 10
T Pertronix distributor install into Austin Healey 100/6 Austin Healey 12
G Looking for upholsterer recommendation for Healey 100 in Southern California Austin Healey 5
S For Sale Austin Healey 100-4 Factory Parts Manual on CD/ROM Austin Healey Classifieds 0
S For Sale Austin Healey 100-4 Factory Workshop Manual on CD/ROM Austin Healey Classifieds 0
S For Sale Austin Healey 100-6 and 3000 Factory Service Manual on CD/ROM. Austin Healey Classifieds 0
Lin Spruce Green Healey 100 Austin Healey 17
B Resistor type vs non-resistor type spark plugs for 100-6 Austin Healey 17
NutmegCT T-Series MG-TF and AH 100 MG 0
HealeyRick Period 100 Review Austin Healey 6
L 100/6 replacement front seats Austin Healey 7
G For Sale AH 100 parts FS Austin Healey Classifieds 8
S Wanted Looking for a new/used crankshaft for a 100-4 Austin Healey Classifieds 0
L Denis Welch Front Disc Conversion Kit 100/6 Austin Healey 6
T 100-6 start up issues Austin Healey 6
B Before and After Pics Longbridge 100-6 Austin Healey 5
G For Sale Healey 100 windscreens for sale Austin Healey Classifieds 2
dougie The Larry Wilson Collection - 100-S Austin Healey 15
M 100-4 Timing Pointer Austin Healey 5
Dandare 100/6 Engine Backplate Austin Healey 4
B Wanted 100-6 or early 3000 upper and lower grille opening pieces Austin Healey Classifieds 1
B Longbridge 100-6 Windshield Posts - Body Color or Silver? Austin Healey 16
N Healey 100/4 from the Bahamas Austin Healey 8
roscoe 100 harmonic balancer upgrade? Austin Healey 3
B For Sale Austin Healey 100 Smiths Fuel Gauge, Dual Safety Gauge, Speedometer and Tachometer Austin Healey Classifieds 0
HealeyRick 100-6 on Leno's Garage Austin Healey 6
J 100 bn1/bn2 id Austin Healey 26
F 100 vs 100/6 Austin Healey 8
C For Sale Healey 100 for sale Austin Healey Classifieds 3
Z For Sale 1956 Austin Healey 100-4 race car for sale Austin Healey Classifieds 1
Z For Sale 1954 Austin Healey 100-4 BN1 Beautiful Restoration Austin Healey Classifieds 0