• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Must sell my TR 4….

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
SOLD!

THANKS TO ALL WHO VOICED THEIR CONCERN FOR MY HEALTH.

Must sell my TR-4 due to health reasons. I had spine surgery recently and will be unable to complete any further restoration now or in the future. The car is partially disassembled and some work has already been completed. I really hate to have to do this but have no choice. Here is what I am offering;

1962 TR-4, CT 5589 L

wire wheels
indicated 65K miles (not sure if this is correct)
body off the frame, fenders and doors off the body
frame has been cleaned, repaired, and painted

suspension bushings front and rear replaced, new ball joints, new rear shock links
Steering rack gone through, new grease and boots, new tie rod ends
new motor mounts
differential cleaned and checked
wheel bearings checked, cleaned, and repacked
driver side floor replaced
passenger side sill repaired
battery box repaired
pedal assembly overhauled
windshield wiper motor and heater overhauled
body rust is surface only
original engine and transmission, radiator
new parts not installed include: fender beads, brake and clutch master cylinder kits, steering flex couplers, brake caliper kits, gearbox seal, radiator hoses
timing chain, fan
NOS generator in the box

In addition, I purchased a wrecked TR-4A which had been restored and will include the following from that car:

TR-4A engine and OVERDRIVE transmission which I bench tested and which works
black carpets, top dash pad, front dash pads in good condition
rebuilt seat foam and black seat covers in very good condition
steering wheel, steering shaft, rack
complete TR-4A instruments, switches, horns
windshield frame
complete front suspension, front and rear brakes, exhaust system
repaired fuel tank, master cylinders and pedal assembly, windshield wiper motor
heater, nuts and bolts, wire harness

Asking $2,000.00 OBO with local pickup only. I would like to have this sold and picked up by 12/31/14.

I can email pic’s on request.

jbrowne4@carolina.rr.com

Last edited:
OP
bgbassplyr

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Forgot to add, 10% of selling price to BCF.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Jim, Sorry to hear about your back problem. Modern medicine might be beneficial helping to cope, not speaking of the physiological stress. Not much consolation, but if you were half the miles away, I'd buy it from you. To you is a 2600 mile round trip for me. You should have no trouble finding a buyer close to you. Good luck on the healing process. PJ

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sorry to hear this as well. I copied your ad and sent it to a friend who is not a member of BCF

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
RATS! Sorry to hear, JIm. I'll ppass this along to non-BCF'ers as well.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm terribly sorry to hear that Jim. I'm in the same boat (and state) that Paul is, if I lived closer I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I'll help get the word out about it though.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Must be something about Oklahoma cause I'm with Paul and Walt but too far away. Also have too many unfinished projects anyway. But sorry to hear about you health and hate to see you give it up but I do understand. I do have a friend in N. Carolina who was interested in a TR3 a while back. I'll send this to him in case he might be interested.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, but it looks like a heck of a deal to me, if I were closer I'd be tempted, and I am not even in the market for a car or project right now.