• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Datsuns in the Gorge

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Datsuns were one of the sponsors at the Portland Historic Races last weekend (maybe 25 of them?). When we all got to do a parade lap (of Collector Cars), they lead the field. I got to slip in right behind the last one... and here is a video I shot on the back straight-a-way at PIR:
Only got to about 75 when I saw those brake-lights on the last turns before the main straight-a-way with the grandstands. Did get to accelerate again (though they didn't want a high-speed driving and definitely no passing).

Wish I could have done more video, but it was just too distracting (steering, shifting, camera). :smile-new:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Here's video I found on YouTube of all those Datsuns on parade (and I'm at the VERY end of it in the Iris Blue Bugeye).
:fat:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Found a couple more shots from the Datsun group. This is a 1972 Datsun 1200 with an ELECTRIC conversion. It reports that it can do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds!!! Huge motor in the engine bay (and a massive battery/computer system in the boot). Datsun electric.jpgDatsun motor.JPG

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
That is just plain crazy. Saw the quick view of you, looks like a well behaved parade lap group. One of these days I'll be in the PIR area at the same time they have a vintage event...I hope.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
The parade lap can be a real hoot... though it varies. The previous day it was hot and the pacing was just too slow (with very short bursts of acceleration). I got up to 70 on the back straight-a-way, but no passing allowed.