• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New TR7 owner in New Jersey

tod_tr7

Freshman Member
Greetings all. New TR7 owner here. Coming from a Porsche 914 background, so I'm quite excited about getting into a new Triumph. It will be my first TR. It's a 1980 model year with 710 original miles. Couldn't believe it when I seen it. The car is currently in winter storage, in Rochester NY. Will likely have it transported down to NJ at the end of February. Too much salt and gravel on the roads down here, to have it delivered.
If there is anything you need documented on the car, don't hesitate to ask. Came out of a private collection, and was never tampered with. Looking forward to being part of the community. I'm sure I will have a bunch of questions, once I take possession. Also trying to source an NOS/Nib factory radio and factory optioned fog lamps, being she's a bare bones example. Regards, Tod 9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_84.jpg9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_66.jpg9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_38.jpg9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_18.jpg9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_97.jpg9EC3BF83-5BCB-4C9F-9C3D-CA1D74A8BA70_73.jpg

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Tod,

"WOW"!! "710" Orig. mi. She sure does look it!! Very nice find!!

Introduce yourself & your (New) TR to the "Triumph" Forum. The folks there will be thrilled to see pics of her.

Best Wishes,

Russ

PS: I used to live in "Clifton, NJ" about 100 yrs ago.

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

OP
T

tod_tr7

Freshman Member
Thanks, for the welcome guys. Russ, Clifton is about 20 minutes from here. I'll post some more info in the Triumph forum as per your suggestion.

toysrrus

Yoda
Thanks, for the welcome guys. Russ, Clifton is about 20 minutes from here. I'll post some more info in the Triumph forum as per your suggestion.

Hi Tod,

Yeah, I`m very familiar with Lincoln Pk. I graduated Clifton HS in the yr ????? Loooong time ago!!!!

As Nial mentions; The "Britfest" car show is a pretty cool venue.

Have Fun,

Russ

Last edited:

urchin

Jedi Trainee
I saw this TR-7 advertised online. It certainly looks like a brilliant start for the TR-7 life! I've enjoyed mine very much; you might want to consider joining the national TR7/TR8 club. It's a fine group of enthusiasts. And you'll want to get in touch with Woody Cooper's "Wedge Shop" in Taunton, MA. He's the genuine expert on TR-7's and TR-8's.

Enjoy the Shape of Things to Come!

Jeff

OP
T

tod_tr7

Freshman Member
Thanks guys. I'll be getting some shipping quotes this week to bring her home from Rochester, NY. Engels was very accommodating in storing the car for me this winter. Roads here in NJ still a mess, but at least the snow is gone. Jeff, I will definitely register it on Woody's board once I'm able to get all the data off the car. Hoping it's not going to need too much attention, being it was stored for so long. Looking forward to some events this year!

Thanks, Tod

MCNX_BFF

Hi, Tod!
A little late to the party, but welcome!!! Your car is truly a beauty!
--Monica