• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

WHy so crabby?

G

Spuds McKenzie is fixin' to learn the hard way, one pinch to the sniffer and...

My basset (the old fella) liked to catch insects in his mouth. He tried that with honey bees.....once....

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
not only animals Billy, I was working on the midget down at the shed in the spring and had a cold one with me, had it sitting on the lawn tractor with about a mouthful left so thought I had better finish it before it got too warm, so took the last mouthful and thought its still very fizzy and then it dawned on me, yes there was a bee or wasp in it, spit it out pretty quick and didn't look to see what it was. I remembered to keep the top on it after that.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
kellysguy;900511... My basset (the old fella) ....[/QUOTE said:
Wait a minute.
Is that the dog that has the problem of slipping on the tile?????

G

then it dawned on me, yes there was a bee or wasp in it, spit it out pretty quick and didn't look to see what it was.

No need to, it was a yellow jacket and you've very lucky.

Yella jackets in col' beer account for 80% of job related injuries down here...

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
just didn't want him drinking my beer

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

You're concerned about him slipping and falling??

ROTFL.gif

He doesn't have far to fall

h8EDB936F

G

It's not the fall I'm worried about, it's the stress on his joints from trying to get up when he can't. He had a really bad episode two weeks ago and we almost had to put him down. His leg dislocated and he was in excruciating pain. He was shaking like he was having a seizure. He has a bad heart too. His murmur is a 5 on a scale of 1 to 6. His chest was shaking so bad I thought that was it (his heart) and he would be dead any minute. Kelly is the one that saved him. A couple of his pain pills and he settled down and went to sleep. The next day he was fine. This happens ever few months and has been getting worse every time. He's currently doing the doggie food dance as I type; Kelly is getting his breakfast together. He still climbs the stairs at night even though I don't want him to. Granted, it's like he's climbing Everest, but he always makes it....he might not make it any further....but he makes it. I carry him up and down the stairs if I can get to him before he starts off. It aint exactly easy in either case, he's 60 pounds and neither of us are in great shape (the dog and I that is...).

He's a solid trooper though, take a lickin' and keeps on stinkin'.